Hi to all from sunny Miami beach, fl

GoldenMotor.com

CraneTech.

Dec 19, 2009
miami beach,fl
usflgHi just thought i introduce myself I'm 42 and just finished my first motorized bike project. I installed a Flying Horse Pull Start 66/80 on a Schwinn beach cruiser. I didn't use the mounting hardware that cam with the kit but made my own custom mounts. The bike road nice but since its a pull start the pull star housing cover makes the engine wider and a normal bike engine so i cant use the bikes pedals because the hit the housing. I'm i search of a extra wide set of pedals to install so i can remedy that problem. I e-mailed the guys at Bike Berry where i bought the kit and they said they have but are out of stock. The only problem with the bike is the magneto coil shorted out just two days after i started the break in period. I think the problem lyes in the way the the manual says to wire in the kill switch. Its basically shorting out the coil. I e-mailed Bike Berry about problem and they said to mail it back to them and when the check it out, if they find that its shorted or defective they'll send me a new one. Well i guess thats enough for my first time posting if anyone has the same Flying Horse Pull Start and ran into the problem with the pedals if you have any info. that can help i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Crane,
Welcome to the forum. From one old Miamian to another, born/raised in Coral Gables, I think you'll have fun here. Check out Sick Bike Parts, Sick Bike Parts LLC - Performance parts for your motorized bicycle for a wide crank set. They sell a shift kit that requires them and several of our other vendors/sponsors might also be a source for your parts. You can also use the 'search feature' for finding specific answers to all your questions.

Tom

Last edited:

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
usflgHi just thought i introduce myself I'm 42 and just finished my first motorized bike project. I installed a Flying Horse Pull Start 66/80 on a Schwinn beach cruiser. I didn't use the mounting hardware that cam with the kit but made my own custom mounts. The bike road nice but since its a pull start the pull star housing cover makes the engine wider and a normal bike engine so i cant use the bikes pedals because the hit the housing. I'm i search of a extra wide set of pedals to install so i can remedy that problem. I e-mailed the guys at Bike Berry where i bought the kit and they said they have but are out of stock. The only problem with the bike is the magneto coil shorted out just two days after i started the break in period. I think the problem lyes in the way the the manual says to wire in the kill switch. Its basically shorting out the coil. I e-mailed Bike Berry about problem and they said to mail it back to them and when the check it out, if they find that its shorted or defective they'll send me a new one. Well i guess thats enough for my first time posting if anyone has the same Flying Horse Pull Start and ran into the problem with the pedals if you have any info. that can help i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Here is my pull start with centrifugal clutch -right now on my winter bike - it just don't get in the way of nothin. :)

Attachments