questions. plz read

GoldenMotor.com

invader-zim

May 9, 2008
ok.
im ordering a kit from dax today.
nomatter what the answere is im still ordering it from dax BUT are his kits really any better then the ones you can buy for like 160$ on ebay?
im ordering from dax because i have a phone# where i can reach him
a 30 day money back warrenty and hey to be honest i like the guy. made a phone call to him and he seems nice.
to me this is TOTALLY worth the 50$ that was the main thing i was scared of was an anonymous seller.

and on another note my plans for the bike right now as far as performance goes are. boost bottle,port the intake and exhaust and a 36 tooth sproket
any other easy upgrades? dax would any of this void the 30 day warrenty? if so im gonna hold off on them :)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
ok.
im ordering a kit from dax today.
nomatter what the answere is im still ordering it from dax BUT are his kits really any better then the ones you can buy for like 160$ on ebay?

If you bid on that'sdax kits on ebay, you'll get them for less...if you look closely, most of the cheaper ones on ebay have higher shipping cost, so they all come out about the same. A couple of the "cheaper kits" are also sold by sellers that are not really good with service, and some are outright ****heads about problems that may occur.

im ordering from dax because i have a phone# where i can reach him
a 30 day money back warrenty and hey to be honest i like the guy. made a phone call to him and he seems nice.
to me this is TOTALLY worth the 50$ that was the main thing i was scared of was an anonymous seller.

and on another note my plans for the bike right now as far as performance goes are. boost bottle,port the intake and exhaust and a 36 tooth sproket
any other easy upgrades? dax would any of this void the 30 day warrenty? if so im gonna hold off on them :)

The boost bottle has been proven to be a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY for most that have tried it!!!!

Also, looky here- http://motorbicycling.com/f30/bicycle-motor-preperation-care-354.html

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I bought my kit for boygofast and it was all any of the others seem to be. My only problems with the kit were 1. the instructions suck eggs and this site did not exist. So I installed the carp link wrong and siezed my engine. Norman talked me through fixing that. But I broke the rings cause I didn't know there were pimples on the piston's ass. 2. The throttle is very thin plastic. Im the only one who ever destroyed it before the bike was running but I did. 3. The clutch lever is garbage but I think that is true of them all. Would I have paid fifty bucks more to call and tell him im a dumb butt... no but it was a terrible hassle for a while.

Be thankful for this site filled with guys who have been there done most of the wrong things before you. Buy the kit from anyone as far as I'm concerned they are all the same this site is more valuable than you know.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I would have done the same as you. $50 is a small for your peace of mind. I got my first motor from Dax.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
All clutch levers are not the same...dax has the good ones. Better than the "good russian levers" that bgf sells.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I have personally never had a problem with boygofast that he didn't fix to my satisfaction...
As far as levers go... it's really a crap shoot as to what levers are boxed in the kits that are sent from china; the last two pk-80 kits that I got, both had the crappy "old style" levers in them. No matter who you buy from I don't think even he knows what levers are in the kit that he's sending you... :rolleyes:

Last edited: