Stolen Worksman Puerto Rico

GoldenMotor.com

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
Hello friends,

between 9:00 and 4:30 (during the day!!) some thughs forced entry my home...

broke in by the back door and left with

2 bikes 2 guitar 2 mac laptops....=-(

they hit it big, jelousy and materialistic thugs, wanted all ....

ill post some pics in a few minutes....

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
Man,Im really sorry to hear about that,That bike is kinda hard to miss,so hopefully you will see it around.Can the police do anything ? Good luck echo. David

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
Respuesta: Re: Stolen Worksman Puerto Rico

Man,Im really sorry to hear about that,That bike is kinda hard to miss,so hopefully you will see it around.Can the police do anything ? Good luck echo. David
thanx dvd, the police took some finger prints....but i think the culprits were Dominicans, and their moddus operandi is, rob a lot then ship it by ferry to Dominican Republic...=-( this is really sad..

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Nice bike and guitar, hate to hear that kind of stuff going on in your neck of the woods. I hope they find the jerks and hang em high.....................

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There's nothing lower than a thief. I hope they get what's coming to them and you get your things back. So sorry to hear this. It makes one feel violated. Hang in there Echo.
Tom

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
sorry to hear about your bike where was this picture taken is really beautiful iam from puerto rico and i have never seen that bridge before hopefully they catch those guys that stole you property

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
Respuesta: Re: Stolen Worksman Puerto Rico

sorry to hear about your bike where was this picture taken is really beautiful iam from puerto rico and i have never seen that bridge before hopefully they catch those guys that stole you property
this photo was taken in Pinones Bicycle Trail.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Echo......NO!!!! Those muddas.......OO if I could........I would..........grrrr. I hate thiefs with a dirty, dirty passion. I hope they meet a pissed off Puma on their next ride!

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Echo, I have always thought there is nothing lower than a thief. Someone that is to lazy to work, so they steal for a living. I have also always thought the punishment should be cutting off thier hands. That is probably the only way you are going to stop those thugs!
Hope you are able to get your stuff back!

John

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
Respuesta: Stolen Worksman Puerto Rico

yesterday i came to the house after work...somebody peed all around THE OUTSIDE OF MY HOUSE!!!!!=-( THIS is horrible...thief neighbors?

there a cheap rent building in the beggining of my street, they alway play Bachata music super loud (dominican music)....but the day after the robbery i heard super loud Disco music, from a playlist i had in my MAC~!!!!! i went out to the building and asked some dominicans that hang outside the building......they said "me?, i didnt hear anything" i was so pissed!~

found some strange keys in my apartment.........maybe i should try this keys on that building.....

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I'd go to the police, explain that you heard x number of songs in a row blaring that played in the exact order they are on your play list. Tell them you asked the guy about it, and how he played coy, even denying he heard any music at all.

And my guess is the police won't investigate.

So, that leave you where? Well, if you don't do something, I worry things are going to escalate. They will see they can get away with victimizing you in this way, something they clearly are enjoying doing with impunity -- so it will get worse.

If the police won't help you, I'd say your options are to be safe, you'd better move, or do something yourself.

Of course, I would never advise taking the law into one's own hands or breaking the law. Someone in your position should resist the temptation to react, even doing in relative safely, by ensuring the bad guys are vastly outnumbered. And you should definitely not go in there with a group of people and recover your property, and exact your revenge using violence and or threats.

Seriously, if it were me, I'd go to the police, but I can tell you our police have a national reputation for being allergic to investigating and to laying charges, unless there is high definition video surveillance tape.

If you get no help from them, you're in the position of what the heck do you do. The awful dilemma is this. If you act in proportion to the offense, you are vulnerable to escalating "retaliation." There's a pretty limited range of things you can do that would preclude such vulnerability -- that is, taking extreme action. That is truly troubling to contemplate. Either you commit an uncalled for atrocity, or risk suffering one.

I would start with going to the police, don't call, go in person.

You're not friends with a biker gang, by chance?

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
The worrying thing is this is already escalating with them taunting you by peeing on your porch.

Definitely don't go in there with the keys they left behind. That a quick way to get killed, and perhaps you're being baited.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I tell you what I wish me and my buddies where there. Thugs like that can really only be dealt with a in a small number of way's. They seem to be Jealous of you, and police probably won't help you much. Be careful friend, don't be to overzealous right now, police action if attempted and it goes no where could lead to you getting the end of a big bad stick. I agree that it sounds like they have set a trap. I would not initiate anything but I think you should be prepared to defend yourself. I would recommend a firearm only for your own safety inside your home.

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Agree with Terron'

Recommend proper training to develop knowledge, skill, muscle memory for how to draw, hold, point, fire. So, that's "tactical" rather than target shooting training. Search out terms like "close quarter combat." That should help.

I'd sleep with a hefty door stopper or something to wedge your house and your bedroom door closed. Don't want to be alarmist. Just practical preparation.

Plus, many people enjoy the hobby for it's own rewards and sense of accomplishment.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Echo can you give me any more detailed info? Ok so I know they are dominicans, umm is it an older group, late 20's or more or a group of rapscallion kids. The more info the better to devise a proper plan of action. Action will have to be taken one way or the other, it is just determining the appropriate way to do so.

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
hello guys thanx for the replys

the police found a couple of fingerprints and will take a few to analyze...

tryd to open a few doors with the keys i found in my house, nothing worked....

im moving out of that house in this days, not sleeping there anymore. Got every single thing thats worth anything.....

and i think i will start to forget about my bike..that way i dont suffer this more, material is nothing copared to my life..........

it seems the entire world is going thru rough times....but i still think this ferry thing is the key to my present situation....

ill make a new build after i sort evrything out...right now Moving is priority...keeping my eyes open and ive learned a couple of things:

Put your bicycle inside the house no matter WHAT! never in the balcony!

If you want really NICE things, you better move somewere SAFE

dont get attached to material goods...

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Echo,

I've actually been worried about you the last couple days, hoping you haven't gotten into a scrape, or worse, with the thieves. I think you're making sensible decisions, and putting this in perspective, which helps manage the impact of the experience on your psyche, I'm sure.

I hope the police get somewhere with their investigation, but that'll happen or it won't -- has nothing to do with you now. No control over that process, so don't wait on that situation to gain any feeling of... I don't know...justice? Resolution?

Just out, move on, build a new bike when you can. Did you have insurance for any of your stuff? Household insurance/renters insurance?

Hey, if you're in a pinch for a new laptop, you might consider a "hackintosh", using a much cheaper pc machine with an Apple OS installed on it. My son did this, for fun, and it apparently works pretty well.

Regards,

Brenton