motorized bicycles vs EMP

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: MB vs EMP

Now ya tell me!? To think of all the money I have tied up in barbwire and bear traps....

We gotta do a video like "messing with Sasquach" but "messing with zombies"

The M.I.T. study was hysterical. Instead of working with a CMM in school today, that was the topic discussed. So I am hoping it will be on the final. The instructer is a really funny guy and it might.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

If they're the slow stupid zombies, just put treadmills all around your house. Once they get on they'll never get off.
This is true. But how do you acquire the massive, HD treadmills that it would take to line your house. And how do you leave? Power it might be an issue as well...
Now ya tell me!? To think of all the money I have tied up in barbwire and bear traps....

We gotta do a video like "messing with Sasquach" but "messing with zombies"

The M.I.T. study was hysterical. Instead of working with a CMM in school today, that was the topic discussed. So I am hoping it will be on the final. The instructer is a really funny guy and it might.
+1 to that. :D

Why are we talking about zombies? :D

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL Dodge.

When EMP is involved, zombies have to be discussed. I for one think we don't talk about zombies enough. The apocalypse is gonna happen sooner or later and that could be now. Or maybe later. If at all.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

if the professor on gilligan's island could make a bamboo bicycle powered generator on a deserted island back in the 70's, i'm sure i could figure out how to make a zombie-powered treadmill, which would in turn, power everything in my house.

it'd be the ultimate perpetual motion machine. zombies don't require food for fuel, never get tired, and would be easy to replace when they wear out.

i figure after 6+months of continuous walking on rotting flesh, their legs would eventually break off, or their feet would wear down to the bone. then you'd have your standard "crawling zombie," and you'd have to take care of that.

i suppose you could shoot him in the head, but you could just build a big trench around your house and let them fall in after they crawl around the treadmills. eventually you'd have to empty the trench, but if it was deep enough you'd have years before it became a problem.

having a wall of treadmill-zombies would also protect you and your stuff from other survivors. who'd wanna break into a house surrounded by the undead? not me, that's for sure.

now, i know what you're thinking. "how do i leave when there's hundreds of zombies on treadmills, and a moat filled with legless zombies everywhere i look?"

simple.

trampolines.

while you're out collecting treadmills from your neighbors' garages, go in the backyard and get a coupla good trampolines.

put one on your side of the moat, and another on the zombie side. you'll have to figure out for yourself what distance your comfortable with, depending on your zombie hopping skills.

don't forget a pile of mattresses. or better yet, gym mats. you're gonna need something to land on after the second bounce...

gym mats might be tough to come by, though. there's probably gonna be a bunch of trigger happy dumb-a$$es holed up in the school gym. and we all know they're just bait, as zombies seem to be smart enough to go to schools, hospitals, and anywhere else there's a lot of dark hallways and doors, not to mention those windows with the mesh inside you can't break.

so if you want the gym mats, best to get there during the initial outbreak, right after the EMP before it gets too crazy...

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas

In case of zombies, get to Washington, D.C. as soon as possible!

All zombies instinctively know that there isn't a single brain to eat there!

Second best bet is your local state capitol. Just about as brainless.

Third, dye your hair blond, or wear a blond wig. Zombies will recognize the dumb blond!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: Motorized Bicycle vs EMP

Safe haven or possible lucrative investment opportunity;

http://fox4kc.com/2012/02/02/kansas-missile-silo-turned-into-safe-haven-for-natural-disasters/

LOL, well researched and thought-out, Baird

if the professor on gilligan's island could make a bamboo bicycle powered generator on a deserted island back in the 70's, i'm sure i could figure out how to make a zombie-powered treadmill, which would in turn, power everything in my house.

it'd be the ultimate perpetual motion machine. zombies don't require food for fuel, never get tired, and would be easy to replace when they wear out.

i figure after 6+months of continuous walking on rotting flesh, their legs would eventually break off, or their feet would wear down to the bone. then you'd have your standard "crawling zombie," and you'd have to take care of that.

i suppose you could shoot him in the head, but you could just build a big trench around your house and let them fall in after they crawl around the treadmills. eventually you'd have to empty the trench, but if it was deep enough you'd have years before it became a problem.

having a wall of treadmill-zombies would also protect you and your stuff from other survivors. who'd wanna break into a house surrounded by the undead? not me, that's for sure.

now, i know what you're thinking. "how do i leave when there's hundreds of zombies on treadmills, and a moat filled with legless zombies everywhere i look?"

simple.

trampolines.

while you're out collecting treadmills from your neighbors' garages, go in the backyard and get a coupla good trampolines.

put one on your side of the moat, and another on the zombie side. you'll have to figure out for yourself what distance your comfortable with, depending on your zombie hopping skills.

don't forget a pile of mattresses. or better yet, gym mats. you're gonna need something to land on after the second bounce...

gym mats might be tough to come by, though. there's probably gonna be a bunch of trigger happy dumb-a$$es holed up in the school gym. and we all know they're just bait, as zombies seem to be smart enough to go to schools, hospitals, and anywhere else there's a lot of dark hallways and doors, not to mention those windows with the mesh inside you can't break.

so if you want the gym mats, best to get there during the initial outbreak, right after the EMP before it gets too crazy...

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

You people have WAY too much free time....go work on your bicycles!
my gut hurts from laughing.
Zombie powered treadmills and trampolines to hop the legless zombies?
*shakes head and mutters something about substance abuse*

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=35229

its all good until the chain derails lol
You people have WAY too much free time....go work on your bicycles!
my gut hurts from laughing.
Zombie powered treadmills and trampolines to hop the legless zombies?
*shakes head and mutters something about substance abuse*

You are clearly not taking the impending, soon to happen, some day if ever eventuality of zombie hoards attacking, seriously enough.

The first guy in the pivotal scene, just as he says; "You people have WAY too much free time..." Bubba the lumbering Zombie goes CHOMP, CHOMP!

jus' sayin

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Zombie Attack Plan A: Head north (or south) until you need a parka to survive. When the zombies freeze solid, whip out the chainsaws and feed the chunks into the boiler/furnace.

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas

In the US, head for Washington, D.C., or Hollywood, CA.

Zombies instinctively know that both places are lacking in any brains to eat!
laff

(If you are not in the US, head for your nation's capitol. The same principles apply.)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Wow, CT! I never thought about it but your right. Never once saw a Zombie movie where it was even remotely cold. (Where all Zombie related information can be found, movies)

Ever see those movies where one kid is hanging out the passenger-side window batting mailboxes as they speed down a country road? Be kinda fun playing "former-people polo"

Now I wanna write this as a screenplay. "Motorbicycling.com presents.... OK, I got nutton, but we gotta do this. Or an official handbook/website.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

"Former people polo"..............and to think that I thought I had an imagination! I am humbled to say the least!!!

(^)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL, Xman. We should find some one who makes video games and make it a 2 player thing. One driving and the other wielding the bat.

Andrew, I really do apologize for rambling so far off your original topic.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo

Am I the only "present person" who realizes how bad the stench would be from all those rotting, decaying' "former persons?" Who wants that form of energy pollution in their neighborhood? Folks think coal fired stinks...