Felt Masher

GoldenMotor.com

3dhermit

Jul 30, 2010
Seal Beach
Hey guys, got my bike put together a few months ago, a felt El-Guapo , using the ampt motor mounts has anyone had a issue of them not fitting the tube snug, cause mine are not and feedback is appreciated!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
These kits are normally designed for a steel frame with thick walled tubing. Your Felt has big diameter, thin walled frame tubes. Are your frame tubes collapsing a bit, causing the motor mount to loosen?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I figured that on aluminum there was a thread covering running 1/2 round (short)lengths if steel pipe under the clamps too stop the crushing,,,I was just thinking the crushed in ring would act like a weak point like threads do on a bolt

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I think the OP is saying he's using these motor mounts designed for Felt frames

from the vendor on the right.

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
AMPT is the guy who is (was?) developing an aluminum frame with a built in tank. Interestingly, Iv recently saw what appears to be the same frame being sold by Grubee.

He's also marketing those nifty offset mounts. If your mounts are sliding around, you could perhaps drill them and the frame and insert a roll pin which would index the mount to the frame.

grinNbarritt

Jun 4, 2010
Orcutt CA
Why not just buzz a hair off where the clamps bolt together with a belt sander? just enough so they dont touch when bolted together on frame.

Threesixtyg

Dec 25, 2008
Fort Lauderdale
Hello felt masher, you have the wrong sized mounts, felt has two down tube sizes. They will send you the right ones. They are aware of your issue and have already mailed them to you