Fuel tank from old Kero? camp stove

GoldenMotor.com

svc

Jan 10, 2009
sydney australia
I found 2 of these beautiful brass tanks on a very ugly otherwise old pump up kerosene? camp cooker.
Companion brand, if anyone want to look for more.(they are still going now which makes searching hard)
first photo on here hope it works

Bike stuff :: 26032010027.jpg picture by jroberts2026 - Photobucket

The fuel feed line goes to the bottom of the tank on the inside so im hoping to get by on a siphon system without tapping a new fuel line.
Any ingenious ideas for mounting it? I'm weighing between leather straps or some sort of copper tie.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
That's pretty slick. What do you do for venting, just not lock the pump? Seems like that might need some tweeking for it to not be dangerous.

svc

Jan 10, 2009
sydney australia
It has a breather with a small wing nut next to the fuel filler. I guess it was a pressure release for when you are finished cooking and want to store the stove. I may have to locktite the wingnut in the open position so it doesn't rattle out. (it actually a wing bolt, i guess you would call it)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
If it's a pump up - it's mebbe alcohol? Not that it matters much anymore lol

Quick thought, if ya use stainless clamps/hose clamp style and ya wanna camo it real easy (& protect surfaces) I've found heat shrink tubing (usually fer wiring) works real well ;)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
If it's a pump up - it's mebbe alcohol? Not that it matters much anymore lol

Quick thought, if ya use stainless clamps/hose clamp style and ya wanna camo it real easy (& protect surfaces) I've found heat shrink tubing (usually fer wiring) works real well ;)
Or maybe white gas. I wouldn't think kerosene would use a pump. Good idea on the heat shrink.
SB