Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
number one: pedal.

two: I usually find them attached to bicycle wheels. (sorry. google it. there's a bunch of different manufacturers.)

three: after reading this sentence, look to your left and to your right. click some of those links. (i was gonna say, "mounted in a bicycle frame," but i let you slide on that one.) or check ebay. they're everywhere.

4. if you want NOS, go to a dentist. if you insist on putting it on your bike, then you should try to find a few more engines for under 150 bucks. you're gonna need them.

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Stay outta dark alleys and don't take any wooden nickels... seiously, on my current build, a Grubee 4S, I wanted the motor mount flnges to fit properly and tried a fine rotary file chucked up in a hand drill. Worked like a charm on the soft metal. Unlike Dremel attachments, the Vermont-American Brand tool is long enough to contact the entire depth of the flanges. Available at Home stores or better hardware stores.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Whizzerd,
As far a fab work goes, we are always looking for tools that hold up. Grinding and popping a bit off the tool really s#%ks. I have a 3 set of Vermont American step drills, what a quality product, These things blew through 10ga. all day long. I had a set of Snap-on, the most use they got was bringing them back. Hey... "Tools that really work" that would be a great thread!!
Mac

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
KIP
Very nice Stand! That could be in a Museum...Some say it's Art... I say artfully done!

Mac

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
I can't be the only one this happens too. Everytime i let my bike sit for 2 days or more the clutch will act like it has siezed up. So far the easiest way to correct this would be to jerk the bike backwards. Today turned out kinda nice weatherwise and after the bike had been sitting for maybe a month nothing would get the cluch working until I removed every pad and did a clean up. Even tho it was cold it started up in no time and ran perfect. I'll be riding till it gets cold again.

cajunmike

Sep 30, 2009
Indy
How about using one of these motor kits installed on a bike mounted securely with the rear wheel with the tire off and a belt installed on it you could drive a generator or a pump and have some kind of fan to keep it cool.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
While working with rattle can paint I like to pull the plastic nozzle and run just a small amount of lighter fluid through it and wipe it off. This keeps it clear of clogs and prevents splatter the next time you use the can. Just make sure it has had time to dry or give it a short blast before resuming paint work.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
....or just turn the can upside down and spray until the nozzle is clear. I have been doing that for 20++ years, and never had one clog or spray funny.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Yah, not a big fan of that, a waste of propellant and it never gets rid of the accumulation on the nozzle.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
This made the read worthwhile...You aren't going to find any magic fuel or "performance" add-on that is going to do anything you can't do for pretty much free with the exception being your time. Coleman fuel? nah...super duper spark plug thingy? nah....NOS or turbos? Are you serious? You aren't really serious, are you? lol

bridgidpnh

Sep 7, 2008
Seattle, WA.,USA
My motormount bolts keep shearing off at the block (even grade eight) so I'm making a motormount block that is carved out of wood to straddle the frame elements and support the motor from underneath like a cradle.I'll report back later on how well it works

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
Never heard of that kind of problem before, I would tend to think that a real bad vibration generated by the engine, or your bolts are over torqued, and your running your engine at the vibration zone constantly. If you ignore the vibration and just blast down the road, a lot of problems will occur.