Might as well get a thread started...

GoldenMotor.com

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia
Haven't been around much, and haven't had much time to mess with this one.

I have been riding it this week while the kids run laps around the neighborhood with no brakes. I don't get up to more that about 5MPH and just stop Flintstones style.

Still haven't put the engine on yet. Need to get the parts ordered for the drivetrain when the move is complete.

ricknnan, my buddy here in town said his brother built the frame. I have no reason to believe otherwise. I haven't seen a frame like this anywhere else on the net.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Hey LB, I love the chopper it is SIK! I dig the whole thing I wish I had a chopper that long. I have an OCC and its a wee bit to small for my 5'10" arse. lol

bbassfisher

Oct 13, 2008
treasure coast fla.
Hey l&b!
Maybe you might consider making a plate with 2 idler pulleys mounted inside that relocates the engine drive chain on different angles to clear any obstructions to chain ring.
I did this on my xyz bike and shift kit.
I should be able to send pictures of the completed set up as I only posted one in "pictures and video".

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia
Hey l&b!
Maybe you might consider making a plate with 2 idler pulleys mounted inside that relocates the engine drive chain on different angles to clear any obstructions to chain ring.
I did this on my xyz bike and shift kit.
I should be able to send pictures of the completed set up as I only posted one in "pictures and video".
My plan is to use portions of the Sick Bike Parts shift kit to create a setup like the attached image. The red circle will be the gear on the SBP jackshaft.

Attachments

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia
Messed around with engine placement tonight.

This is the best location I've found.

Left side chain drive is green, right side is red.

Attachments

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia
Been a while since I've messed with this thing.

Had it leaned against the back of the truck last year and forgot about it.

Got in the truck, started backing out, heard a noise then realized it was the chopper. Been frustrated about that since so I haven't messed with it. The front fork was bent, dent in the downtube, and it bent the front wheel.

Last week I ordered a new front fork/whee/disc brake kit from Bicycle Designer.

I got it out last night and started working on finally making a rear disc caliper mount. Made the template from 3/16" aircraft plywood so I could actually mount the caliper and fit the template to the frame. Everything seems to check out so today I'll make the actual mount from 3/16" steel and weld it to the frame.

It's not much, but here's a shot of it on the work stand.

Progress is being made. .weld

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia
She's back on the tires now.

Installed a new front fork with disc brake mount, scored a free mountain bike front wheel with disc hub and rotor from the LBS, and also scored a free 1in threadless Aheadset.

Got everything assembled and took it to the shop for them to check out and let them run brake lines since I just had a tandem cable, no ferrules or housing.

Will get pics tomorrow but the big beast is on the road again.

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Hiya LongBlack prolly dont remember me been awahile (aka: aussiejester?) anywayz, great to see the bike is nearly there been a long haul mate... all the best :)

KiM

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia
Hiya LongBlack prolly dont remember me been awahile (aka: aussiejester?) anywayz, great to see the bike is nearly there been a long haul mate... all the best :)

KiM
I remember you, man.

You disappeared and came back under a new name. What happened?

As for the bike I now have the front and rear brakes installed a working.

Might mess with engine mounting this winter.

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
I spend most online time reading over at Endless Sphere, keeping updated and watching builds logs...

Best of luck with your engine mounting.

KiM