Hello from Riverside, CA

GoldenMotor.com

malatious

Sep 23, 2014
Riverside, CA
Hello,
My son and I are just finishing up building a bike for him to get around on. Found some great info on this site and wanted to say thanks. I'm sure we will need more info as problem pop up, but for now the bike is working and we are doing the breaking in phase.

[/URL][/IMG]

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I got to see a race at the late Riverside Raceway back in the 80s before developers consumed it. Good times.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, looks like you've done a good job. One thing I noticed is the muffler doesn't have a hanger, I learned it is needed the hard way because the muffler broke at the weld of the body to pipe. The hanger cuts down on vibration also, enjoy the ride.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Looks like you've done a good job on the build. Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
I've always been a fan of the 'flipped bars' look. It puts things a little lower and you don't look like the wicked witch from Wizard of Oz when you're riding.

I see you have two brakes on the rear wheel. That's good but you might want to consider a set for the front as well. Discs brakes are the best but they aren't the cheapest. A good set of caliper, rim brakes, would be better than nothing.

Thanks for sharing and for joining. Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

malatious

Sep 23, 2014
Riverside, CA
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I still need to put in a muffler support, just didn't like the one that came with the kit and haven't had a chance to fab up the clamp that I want on it. Haven't really ridden it much due to waiting for our plate from the DMV. I've looked into front brakes but there is not a good place to mount them on this style of springer forks. These forks also don't have anything to keep them from swinging into the frame if the wheel were to be locked up by hard braking. I really like the look of these forks and they have a good ride, but I may change to another style of fork if braking becomes a problem. We don't really have any big hills and not intending to doing much high speed riding. After we start riding it more, I'll evaluate if more brakes are needed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mal