Just started

GoldenMotor.com

ballinchestr

Mar 6, 2014
Central MA
I just got my kit, and I had a few questions.

The motor is not assembled. Should I lubricate anything before putting it together? and if so, what should I use?

Also, the tubing on my frame is too big. the lower bar is bigger than the vertical one, but both are too large in diameter. How would I go about mounting the kit?

needtransportation

Mar 17, 2014
Knoxville
Its a good idea to lube the piston and cylinder as well as the crank and conrod bearings on any engine you put together. There are mounts available to deal with tubes being too big, try googling universal mount for bicycle engine.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Use whatever 2 stroke oil you plan to mix with your fuel. We're only assuming your engine is a Chinese 2 stroke. It's always a good idea to tell us what engine you have when asking questions. However any engine needs a little pre-lube before starting. Use the oil you plan to use in the engine.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Welcome to the forum ballinchestr....

Use the heck out of the search feature here on forum and browse the vendor links located on each side of this forum, you'll find large frame mounts and. For solving your large bike tube issue..... many great knowledgable people here that can and will ofder you good advice just be as specific as possible so we know for sure what your asking and posting pics of what you have going on is great also.

Best wishes with your new adventure into motorized bicycling..... if you're like many of us you'll be an addictonce you get your bike going and all the little bugs worked out.... just be patient and enjoy it.

Peace, map
.wee.