WCC Custom Frame Build "Alumiracer"

GoldenMotor.com

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
This bike build was moving slowly, it was hard to decide on what to use as far as forks and engine. Well that was decided when I scored this donor bike...for a KILLER deal. It may be too nice to use but it’s also too small for my fat ass. The motor has a complete new top end on it that includes barrel, piston and head...all ported and ready to roll...to say the least...its scary fast.

I have added a picture of where I am heading with this bike...
I see your planing on using the ( I'll leave it in third gear trick ) lol. Before you take it apart do you want to race my 70 lol.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
This is after a ride around the block...
I got the motor out of the bike. Mocked it up in the frame, will need to modify the frame for the exhaust... No big deal. Got this exhaust from my good friend Dmb... Thanks bro....

I must say this motor fits nice... Crank clears the motor too...

Attachments

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Why are you using a motorcycle engine with a 5 or 6 speed gearbox with a foot
operated shifter?

Why is this different then the guys that use: NuVinci hubs or a shifter kit. I can make this a hand shifted bike if needed. I am using this engine for the fact that I can find parts for it.

Another note: this bike is not only to race but a special project that I am working on. So back off cowboy....lol

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Are you planning a trip to Thailand when it's done . Looks good Jeff , I wanted to take the ktm for a spin but it looks like I am to late .

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Awesome Jeff! Just found this thread(D'oh!), been drooling over your FB pics though...

But anyway, the shifter talk reminded me of DareDevil's V-twin Excelsior's solid linkages, you should check them out. See what you think of them over a dual cable driven (upshift/downshift) system. It's a lengthy thread, but he gets into some good detail w/pics around here. With a solid linkage you could use trigger/thumb, or even a twist grip if you wanted to.

Plus it'd feel more solid than cables too eh?

Just another thought for the pile :p

Greg B.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Awesome Jeff! Just found this thread(D'oh!), been drooling over your FB pics though...

But anyway, the shifter talk reminded me of DareDevil's V-twin Excelsior's solid linkages, you should check them out. See what you think of them over a dual cable driven (upshift/downshift) system. It's a lengthy thread, but he gets into some good detail w/pics around here. With a solid linkage you could use trigger/thumb, or even a twist grip if you wanted to.

Plus it'd feel more solid than cables too eh?

Just another thought for the pile :p

Greg B.

Thanks Greg for the info. I may just leave the foot shifter on after all and run it like that till I have one of those Bud Light design nights...ya know when sh-t just pops into your mind for no reason...lafflaff

I may get alot done this weekend since the forcast says rain...rain...rain

CCC

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Why are you using a motorcycle engine with a 5 or 6 speed gearbox with a foot
operated shifter?
Don't worry Neil... as long as he pays you the entry fee, you'll let it on the track!
You've let other bikes with internal transmissions like that in your races... & you justified it by saying, "they kept it in one gear most of the time". :rolleyes:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I got some of the motor mounts made out of aluminum stock, drilled and machined. Made a bracket for the rear tail section, the debate is to have suspension or not. I do have a real nice works shock to use if needed.

I have repositioned the motor for exhaust clearance... Much better now.

Attachments

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
When I was a kid I had a yz 80 that would wheelie in every gear. How are you going to keep the front end on the ground and spokes in the back wheel lol.