delmar vs cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Manic mechanic carries a sprocket adapter for all coaster brake bikes. It mounts to the center of hub eliminating the washers. He has some in stock but can fabricate one for any size hub. Nice part and a lot more study mount. The cb 110 is the size for the cranbrook. $35 plus $5 shipping

Cheech

Aug 22, 2009
Red Rock,West Virginia,USA
Hey Guys,I've built both bikes and I found if one is over 5'11' and weighs more than 190lbs the Delmar is much more comfortable and satisfying ride the peddle stroke feels too "vertical" to me where the Delmar feels like a more forward peddling. Now due to the older style motor I had to some creative mounting on the Delmar but,now I use GenII motors from PowerKing mount fine to the large cruiser posts.My Delmar is actually a 7speed Riverside converted to a single speed Delmar.There's a better frames from Schwinn than the Delmar or the Riverside and that's the Landmark check it out...also we use that sprocket adapter from manic mechanic on all our builds...
Cheech
RedRock Cycles
Delmar.JPG

Cranbrook.JPG

Landmark.JPG

Last edited:

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
ill be going for the delmar build this winter. im swapping my zone8cycling 66/80cc from my mountain bike to the delmar. ill be taking the fenders off to give it that unique look and to save me from hearing rattling. im also going to be buying the Addon Race Carb and 80cc slant head from Zoom Bicycles. maybe later on i will save up some money and possibly get the SBP Expansion Chamber. ill be posting pictures throughout the build!

Periapsiszero

Sep 4, 2010
Kansas City
I went with a Delmar for my first build. Just feels better, and there is more room for engine mounting. Just beware the rear wheel sprocket install, can be quite a pain on this bike.

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
I went with a Delmar for my first build. Just feels better, and there is more room for engine mounting. Just beware the rear wheel sprocket install, can be quite a pain on this bike.
what was needed to be done in order to get the sprocket correct? i definitey know the brake arm will be in the way so ill have to bend that a little. and also the dust cover will need to be trimmed a little. is that all you had to do?

Periapsiszero

Sep 4, 2010
Kansas City
Those are two of the bigger issues. But beware. The brake arm is on there so tight, I had to go to my local hardware store and have them get it off. the issue you will have on this bike is that with the rubber pads and metal rings, if you tighten them properly, the force will actually keep your brake arm locked (the center wont spin) and your back wheel will just lock up. I learned this the hard way. I had to take the sprocket off and put washers on to fix this. The second issue is the bolt head will actually hit that brake arm if it is not really bent. A good 75% of the problems I have had had have been because of this. So much so i even considered buying another Delmar, installing the front wheel in the back and installing disk breaks. But alas too expensive right now.

Doable yes, just very much a pain in the arse.

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
Those are two of the bigger issues. But beware. The brake arm is on there so tight, I had to go to my local hardware store and have them get it off. the issue you will have on this bike is that with the rubber pads and metal rings, if you tighten them properly, the force will actually keep your brake arm locked (the center wont spin) and your back wheel will just lock up. I learned this the hard way. I had to take the sprocket off and put washers on to fix this. The second issue is the bolt head will actually hit that brake arm if it is not really bent. A good 75% of the problems I have had had have been because of this. So much so i even considered buying another Delmar, installing the front wheel in the back and installing disk breaks. But alas too expensive right now.

Doable yes, just very much a pain in the arse.
what do you mean that you had to put washers on for the brake lock up problem? put the washers where?