Extra Silencer

GoldenMotor.com

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
I added an extra silencer to an SBP exhaust. It has about 2 inches clearance from the tires (see pics). With all the adjustments I made this is the shortest way I can possibly do. If I made it pass the tires or make it extend to the left it obstruct with the bike stand if it is to the right it hits the chain. My question is with the silencer very close to the tires will it affect performance? I have not road tested it yet but have it started and it is really, really quite. So far I like it tone down. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
run the bike today and put 23 miles,...awesome really quiet power is not compromised with the end tip of the muffler being so close to the rear tires. Opti 2 oil and Denso Iriduim is a perfect combination though. SBP shift kit and other SBP parts really ROCKS!

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I added an extra silencer to an SBP exhaust. It has about 2 inches clearance from the tires (see pics). With all the adjustments I made this is the shortest way I can possibly do. If I made it pass the tires or make it extend to the left it obstruct with the bike stand if it is to the right it hits the chain. My question is with the silencer very close to the tires will it affect performance? I have not road tested it yet but have it started and it is really, really quite. So far I like it tone down. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
That looks mean.

Could you talk about your impressions of the shift kit. What's it like to ride with it? Mainly, what's the difference between the fixed gearing VS shifting gears.

JC

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
That looks mean.

Could you talk about your impressions of the shift kit. What's it like to ride with it? Mainly, what's the difference between the fixed gearing VS shifting gears.

JC
shift kit gives you the ability to have multiple gears. just like having a transmission. it gives you the advantage in hill climbing. it will makes it easier to climb and really fast. having to go over 30 mph easily on flat roads without sweating the engine. also clutch use is very minimal. unlike the fixed gears you do not need pedal fast and gain momentum to start the bike. the clutch is use only when you idle. you can get more information from this site http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/. it is really fun to ride versus fixed gears.

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
shift kit gives you the ability to have multiple gears. just like having a transmission. it gives you the advantage in hill climbing. it will makes it easier to climb and really fast. having to go over 30 mph easily on flat roads without sweating the engine. also clutch use is very minimal. unlike the fixed gears you do not need pedal fast and gain momentum to start the bike. the clutch is use only when you idle. you can get more information from this site http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/. it is really fun to ride versus fixed gears.
Thanks. Could you tell me how the engine is mounted. That looks pretty cool. Did you buy that bottom mount?

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
It is rock solid! It is pretty secure and tight. I think it does dampen the engine vibration because I do not feel it all. I am not sure though because I have never tried other mounts.

PS. I have seen other post who has the same mount and they said their mount slipped to the left with a shift kit. I never have that problem. I will be building another Felt and will use the same mount that I have.

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
It is rock solid! It is pretty secure and tight. I think it does dampen the engine vibration because I do not feel it all. I am not sure though because I have never tried other mounts.

PS. I have seen other post who has the same mount and they said their mount slipped to the left with a shift kit. I never have that problem. I will be building another Felt and will use the same mount that I have.
Hey, thanks for pointing out Pirate Cycles. Finally had a chance to go through their site today and all I can say is "Wow". This changes the way I feel about these cheap little motors.

.shft.

Edit: "Inexpensive" little motors. Ha ha.

Last edited:

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Thanks! The exhaust and silencer is available at Sick Bike Parts.com. The silencer is very easy to install as it is just a hose claimp that connects it. I bought it for $5 bucks. It is very silent as all I hear at idle is the clutch and intake noise. Cheers.