ThatsDax rt High Performance Carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

RobRoy

Feb 26, 2012
Camarillo, California
o yea.. And Rob.. Better Marry that girl.. Do not let her get away !! She loves to ride bikes .. She is a keeper !! Enjoy the ride..
We've been together for 7 years. Might as well be married!
She won't ride her bike until I fix it! She has a better mountain bike than most guys I bike with too.

I wanted to thank you for the speedy delivery on my jet kits I ordered. I was trying to see the status online, because I am an impatient bàstard, and she tells me that I have a package from some place called "thatsdax"!
That was two days after I ordered them!!!! Nice

I was talking to my dad about the air leak situation I'm having, as he snowmobiles, and builds custom street choppers up north. He suggested using a propane torch with the propane on only, not the flame. It will make it idle high when the propane gets sucked in, and it's not so messy. I haven't read that on here, and both of his snowmobiles are fuel injected, but I guess his buddy does that on his carbureted snowmobile.
Since I have three different torches, one that will not ignite if I wanted it too, I think I'm going to give it a shot!

Ursus

Aug 12, 2010
NYC
Can you use the cns (red box filter) throttle cable with this carb, or do you have to buy the cable as well?

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Jet size is a function of many factors or parameters. Engine size, type, altitude, humidity, compression, lean angle, pipe type, and on and on and on. Even the same builds using the same parts can require different jetting. Mix ratio is also a factor. Bottom line is, there is no one jet size for any particular location. The Carb comes with a 75 jet as stock. This is a good starting point and works well for most. From this point, you can go up or down depending on what is needed. The RT does come with one 70 and one 80 jet kit to allow user to move up or down depending on what is needed. Any jets beyond that can be had as 5 jet kit starting at 60 to 80 for M5 and 65 to 85 for M6. Not sure what the factory does it that way.. But so far, I have not had anyone asking for anything smaller than the 65.. Enjoy the ride

Last edited:

RobRoy

Feb 26, 2012
Camarillo, California
Jet size is a function of many factors or parameters. Engine size, type, altitude, humidity, compression, lean angle, pipe type, and on and on and on. Even the same builds using the same parts can require different jetting. Mix ratio is also a factor. Bottom line is, there is no one jet size for any particular location. The Carb comes with a 75 jet as stock. This is a good starting point and works well for most. From this point, you can go up or down depending on what is needed. The RT does come with one 70 and one 80 jet kit to allow user to move up or down depending on what is needed. Anything jets beyond that can be had as 5 jet kits starting at 60 to 80 for M5 and 65 to 85 for M6. Not sure what the factory does it that way.. But so far, I have not had anyone asking for anything smaller than the 65.. Enjoy the ride
Hey, I've been meaning to ask you for a M6 55 jet..duh.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Really? That small of a jet? I will ask the factory for some next time I order.. I must say.. You will be the first to need such a small jet.. Make sure that is what you need and why you need such a small jet.. What engine is it for?

RobRoy

Feb 26, 2012
Camarillo, California
Have not updated in awhile because the threads came out of the head for my intake. Next project is install heli-coil.:-||
I'm in the same boat. I was going to post this on here last nite, but didn't want to thread jack! Thanks.
A new head is like $30. I've used helicoils on my jets ski with great success.

Dax, I have a Raw motor. Where is the best place to get a new head? Do you have any???

Last edited:

RobRoy

Feb 26, 2012
Camarillo, California

Come on surfishjoe! It took me an hour, including going to get the
Helicoil kit!
Just remember that you are working with soft metal, so go slow!

Last edited:

surfishjoe

Oct 14, 2010
South Jersey
Robboy did you hand drill the hole and thread chase on the bike? I am getting ready to pull the motor off the bike to drill it but if I can do it on the bike that would be better? Thanks for the pics!

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
you need room to get the drill in,straight with the hole.i see there was some filings in the port.make sure piston is down all the way in the cylinder,better yet,tape the hole over so nothing gets in the engine.
if you cant drill the hole straight,its best to pull engine and put it on a bench.

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
ive had my rt carb from thatsdax for about a month now runs great with the jet that came with itits got good power at high rpms but seems to be lacking in the low end. i tried steeping it down to a 70 great low end power but WOT it 4 strokes at around 24 to 26 mph so i tired a 65 jet still the same prob the low end is great but WOT = 4 stroking around 24 to 26 mph im thinking i may need a jet around 71 to 74 not sure off hand thou

Last edited: