what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

did non-motorized stuff today. started putting this ultra-rare Colson 24" Double Bar Junior together, and then took a crappy picture of it with my phone. i made sure it was dark enough so the details won't show...:)

Attachments

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

energy drink muffler!

also mounted the front of the motor better.
came upon another MBer saying...

"If the JBweld on the engine, is STRONGER than the engine it's self... you just might be a MBer..."

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Couldn't take it any more! Reading what you guys (Amigos e Amigas) Getting to ride and tinker. So while putting the new snow blower up and away, I thought I would just start her and warm her up a bit. Which of course led to a "just a quick around the block" Which of course led to "just one more spin" which always leads to a ride around until dark, snork. "... you might be a MBer"
God I really love this build. Does need another 2 teeth on the final sprocket but is just so cool all around. Ride, sound and looks. My Girl is hot. She accidently started on the 3rd pull/rotate the engine and it was 30F. Just had to get a ride in. Got some strange "that look"(s) Like WTH is wrong with that guy? No coat or gloves and grinning like an idiot. LOL ("like")

One of my favorite quotes by Confucius; "man shall have his garden and woman, her kitchen and all will be right with the world" I may have messed that up, but is some thing like that. My version is now "Man shall have his MB and *forget* you" (a lil tired of humanity at the moment. Does it show?)

energy drink muffler!

also mounted the front of the motor better.
came upon another MBer saying...

"If the JBweld on the engine, is STRONGER than the engine it's self... you just might be a MBer..."
Lol Skarrd!! Ya gotta send that pic to the manufacture-er! "It also alleviates exhaust-ion" Now with electro-lights!

Email from them back to you; Dear Sir, Wut?!?

I know, but am still high on the fun of my first ride in a while. Any body south enough to be warm need a roommate? I almost all house trained

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Just got back from a store run. Had to make an emergency stop on the way there, on ice. Some blonde pulled out without looking. Luckily I wasn't going that fast, and had some help on the front tire, still came within an inch of her... Screamed "WTF" so loud her next kids going to hear it. Friggin ppl, lol.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Lubed my chains and took two bikes out for ride. Froze my **lls off but had a good time anyway. Put on my WW2 leather flying helmet, gloves and leather bomber jacket and thought I was Paul Tibbets.
When the heck is this 'Global Warming' going to kick in?
Tom

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

Lol Skarrd!! Ya gotta send that pic to the manufacture-er! "It also alleviates exhaust-ion" Now with electro-lights!

Email from them back to you; Dear Sir, Wut?!?

I know, but am still high on the fun of my first ride in a while. Any body south enough to be warm need a roommate? I almost all house trained
XD it's all good, it's nice and quiet but it doesn't have the exact feel it had before. i'm gonna cut some more holes in the bottom and see if that helps. want it to stay quiet, but not screaming loud like it was before.

cleaned the breather thats about all i had to do:) i like skarrds muffler idea..i might have to try a beer can 1 day lol
it was easy, just use a can opener to cut the lid part off, cut a small notch to slip it over the bolts for the heat shield (or just cut the bolts off). drill a hole in the bottom for the mounting stud, and cut exhaust holes in it.

gonna see about getting the crank off my occ chopper and putting it on the bike since that one is spaced wider out.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

Started the in frame tank and Ordered a new engine and accessories (chrome springer fork and hair pin seat) from Piston Bikes for the Huffy Nel Lusso I bought last night... Will post pics as soon as I start the build out on it. I think it will get a paint job in short order as I hate brown and will also lose the basket and cup holder LOL... I really wanted to get one of the Micargi Pantera GTS bikes but they want too much to ship it and the Nel Lusso looks quite similar and has that cool rack.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina

This is the steel version of the Panama Jack. The built in rack is awsome, I have a nice set of buggie cords that hide nicely untill I need them. The front rack.....your choice,,,, but the cup holder actually comes in very handy!!!! Just flip it to the front of the bars, not only does it hold a beverage,,, it also holds my little coil bike lock.

Have fun with your new build.

On topic, I just brought my Panama Jack home from repairs, (Band aid) Looks ok, will see how it holds up. I need to repaint, but it is just flat black, so thats easy enough. If this fails as well... I have plans for a streach cruiser frame.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

WAHOO! I couldn't help it!!
I met up with another, unknown to me MBer, in the french Qtr today, and we DRAG RACED on BOURBON ST!! Yah, Infamous history, but it was on the quiet end of the street, we was wound out to 35 MPH by my speedo.
I had to feather the throttle a lil 2 not get too far ahead cuz mine is a slanthead. Talk about gettin looks:!) made my 60 yrs feel like 14 again

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Har! Awesome Wayne. A MB must look right at home on Bouron st! If you get a chance, could you please send me some pictures for MB Magazine?
[email protected]

On topic, I got nutton. It snowed again!!!! I grew up here in CT and can not remember back to back to back snow storms like this. No kidding, we ran out of places to put it. Hartford is now pretty much a giant one lane road. Let the dog out, ya can only find or know where she is by her incessant and never ending barking. I think she is just yelling "WTH is this?" lol

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I installed a v-brake on the fork using a BMX adapter, and put track nuts on the axles. I like these a lot because they look good and hold way tighter than stock flange nuts. I sorted through my tool bag and got rid of all the junk that has accumulated there, and got a new spark plug.

If you still have the CNS carb, there was a thread covering the crappy air seal on those and a simple fix using sealant when mounting the carb.

tried once again to get my carb running.

turns out i didn't have the float in upside down (as it can only go in one way) so now i got no clue what's wrong with it. (f-ing CNS carb) just gonna order a NT carb and be happy with it.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Jan 7, 2011
california

made a new gas tank and tried it out today it works great but did not like my flush mount gas cap idea so im just going to cut up my china girl tank for the fill and cap if interested i posted picturs of my worksman its on yesterdays post WORKSMAN CLEARANCE trial and error makes the master ah
sincerley peddling my way to insanity:)

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny

took fender covers off... hope it dont rain.. going to fiberglass some really cool half moon covers and make some stuff on them...