what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Congratulations. But I still don't see how you went this long without riding.
fatdaddy.
Trust me, when circumstances deny one the joy of riding, it really does suck. But there isn't anything to be done until circumstances change. Try going a couple of years without being able to ride.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Trust me, when circumstances deny one the joy of riding, it really does suck. But there isn't anything to be done until circumstances change. Try going a couple of years without being able to ride.
Well bro, I know one thing for sure. When you do finally get yer knees in the breeze, it's gonna be on one sweet ride.
fatdaddy.

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida

My exhaust gasket burned up, so I went shopping for a new one to no avail - I at least have a place to go tomorrow for one...

I also too apart the carb to clean it. WAY simpler than I had feared. Hopefully this will sort the idling issues. I assume so as it had sat for months and probably had gas in it...

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

Bought this cool 1/2gal. gas tank that I will use for my build. I will mount it behind my seat like I showed in an earlier picture under the Wasp build.

Side note I will be posting some gas tanks that I will sell that are just not right for my current build.

Attachments

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

My exhaust gasket burned up, so I went shopping for a new one to no avail - I at least have a place to go tomorrow for one...

I also too apart the carb to clean it. WAY simpler than I had feared. Hopefully this will sort the idling issues. I assume so as it had sat for months and probably had gas in it...
Boygofast parts on eBay are much better quality than the stock parts. The aftermarket exhaust gasket is actually metal cored. I wore out 2 Dremel sanding drums fitting it to the port. It won't blow out like the stock ones.

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx

Finally got my welding rod so got to fire up the new welder... HF 80Amp inverter stick welder...

Had an old voodoo pipe and cut it apart to make it fit my bike...Welds weren't pretty, found the close heat setting towards the end of the project.....

Bike runs smoother now with more bottom end pickup and wot it just keeps revving.....I need a little more back pressure.... Sounds like a little dirt bike.....

Nice to have exhaust noise behind me, maybe i can hear my tunes now....

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx

And yes thats rust on my chain and everything else... I live in a permanent saltbath.....

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

picked this bad boy up on an ebay auction for $6.50...plus i installed new homemade gaskets on my magneto and clutch case covers...bought a roll of the cork based oil gasket sheet and cut my own gaskets and sealed them with indian head gasket sealer...oh i burnt 2 mags yesterday riding in the snowy rain here in connecticut...luckily i had both spares in my bag or id have been walking 14 miles up hills in the dang freezing rain...

Attachments

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa

wow wichedest......I'm from Ct also and i'm just waiting for better weather.....little rides only down the street lately

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

wow wichedest......I'm from Ct also and i'm just waiting for better weather.....little rides only down the street lately
theres no doubt that i add 30 pounds when i go out riding just from my winter gear...we should set up a connecticut meet for the mbers out there...ive got about 7 people in my general area who mb...

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa

there's a guy near me also but i dont know how many are around....probably more than anyone realizes

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Hey racie, I just happend to notice that your avitar is an American Speedster Golf Coaster. A long time ago I had the idea of putting together a three wheeler using the design of the Baja. With a few mods it would be possible to make it a little sturdier AND street legal. It's not a very good drawing, but I put this together on my paint program, like I said, a long time ago. Whadya think?
fatdaddy.
I think you would have to bring the front wheels out wider for stability

Attachments

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa

I actually installed a tanaka 47 on the speedster and took it back off when i sent the bike to my brother in indiana...was easy to do in the back....using good muffler clamps , welded plates across and clamped it all on.......then took a big front sprocket and added that to the left rear....chain and tensioner and off we went....I think you'll be just as happy with all four wheels....and you can always add en electric hub to the right rear really easy

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

I actually installed a tanaka 47 on the speedster and took it back off when i sent the bike to my brother in indiana...was easy to do in the back....using good muffler clamps , welded plates across and clamped it all on.......then took a big front sprocket and added that to the left rear....chain and tensioner and off we went....I think you'll be just as happy with all four wheels....and you can always add en electric hub to the right rear really easy
4 wheeled motorized ain't legal in California.
406.(a) A "motorized bicycle" or "moped" is any two-wheeled or three-wheeled device having fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, ect. So it would have to be a three wheeler.
But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that comes up with idea's like this. Was begining to think I was the only "creative Genius" left in the world.
fatdaddy.
But I did get around to building this a few years ago.

Attachments

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK

Fatdaddy,that's what I need! What is that called? A tadpole? Looks like fun,whatever you call it.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

fatdaddy,
Love that trike of yours. Like you said it would be hard for the motoring public to see you even with flags waving.
Around here your life expectancy on a main road would be about 2 blocks and that's if your beyond lucky.

We can only have 3 wheels up here as well unless it's pure pedal power then you can use 4 wheels. Add a motor and it's 3 wheels. What most people don't realize is that the U.S. and Canadian governments have the same auto laws governing what can be used on each others roads. Cuts down confusion and vehicles being illegal in the other country.

Steve.