New Member with 80cc Chinese 2 stroke, Albuquerque New Mexico USA

GoldenMotor.com

quarkdude

Apr 22, 2008
Hello all,

Just found this website today and wanted to join with you guys. I have a 1995 Diamond Back Mountain bike with an 80cc Chinese 2 stoke kit. I have done some mods to the set up: Free flow air cleaner cover, Re-jetted the carb for 5200 ft above sea level, Boost Bottle installed and cut down the tube in the exhaust. Anxious to read about any engine mods here and see what others have done.

.......quarkdude, Albuquerque, NM

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
nice looking ride! lots of sharp people here and hope you enjoy the forum. glad to have you with us:ride2:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
That is a nice bike. You are up around some major altitude there at ABQ. Welcome to the forum you are amongst some real motorized bicycle enthustiasts here......................

quarkdude

Apr 22, 2008
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have had my motorized bike for about 2 and a half years now and have put nearly 900 miles on it. I guess the gearhead in me always wants more power so that fueled the mods that I did to the bike already.
Here at 5200 feet above sealevel you have to get creative with your jetting especially on a 2 stroke so I did some internet research and read about a guy who soldered his jet closed and re-drilled it to make it the size he needed. After reading that I was so excited to try it because my motor was jetted for somewhere around sealevel (China ) and it just didn't run very good up here. I tried to find some aftermarket jets with no luck. This prompted me to try the re-drill approach and what do you know it works. Since I re-jetted my bike I have re-jetted 2 other bikes at this altitude and it works very good on them all.
I have some other mods I mentioned, but I will search the site and try to find a thread with those mods to match it up. Glad to be here and look forward to see and read what the members here have done to their bikes.
........thanks, quarkdude:D

quarkdude

Apr 22, 2008
How did you do your free flow air filter ?
Hello bgoates,

I bought the air cleaner cover from thatdax website awhile back for 5 dollars - it was a really good deal I couldn't pass up. I wish I could take credit for making it but at such a cheap price it was better just to purchase one. It really helps up here to get a little quicker response from the engine revving up.
..........Thanks, quarkdude

themcgyvr

Oct 28, 2008
new mexico
Hello all,

Just found this website today and wanted to join with you guys. I have a 1995 Diamond Back Mountain bike with an 80cc Chinese 2 stoke kit. I have done some mods to the set up: Free flow air cleaner cover, Re-jetted the carb for 5200 ft above sea level, Boost Bottle installed and cut down the tube in the exhaust. Anxious to read about any engine mods here and see what others have done.

.......quarkdude, Albuquerque, NM
Hello Quarkdude,
Perhaps just like yourself I just cant let good enough alone. I've had a blast with my latest build.
Here is a pic. The modifications should be obvious. By the way I'm in ABQ also. Want to Race? :)

Attachments

pooz321

Jan 30, 2011
jacksonville
Hello Quarkdude,
Perhaps just like yourself I just cant let good enough alone. I've had a blast with my latest build.
Here is a pic. The modifications should be obvious. By the way I'm in ABQ also. Want to Race? :)
that thing better be close to silent...but still niiiiicccccce bikeusflg

quarkdude

Apr 22, 2008
Hello Quarkdude,
Hello themchyvr,
Wow! That's all I can say about your bike. That thing is just plain cool. That expansion chamber looks like a beast. ha ha.. That's cool you live in Albuquerque. I am in the North Valley, how bout you. I unfortunately can't race you - I sold my bike in 2008 to fund a Yamaha RD350 purchase and have been working on that since. Nothing like 2 cylinders, 2 stroke, 2 expansion chambers, and a front wheel in the sky for the first 3 gears. Ahhh, the gearhead in me. Yea, I'll race ya. ha ha ha... Be cool to talk to you about your bike. Feel free to IM me
Thanks, quarkdude