4 stroke vs two stroke

GoldenMotor.com

jamesar

Jan 18, 2016
united states
It's not a small one,It's the usual size you put on a go Kart. I used a bore sleeve to up the shaft from 5/8 to 3/4,the driver clutch did not fit all the way down the key slot but more than half way,anyway it has not caused any problem in 3 weeks so I think it's good to go.I'm only running a stock 79cc predator so it isn't nearly as powerful as the 6.5 predator made for that clutch.I used a small bike I had no real use for because I had no way of knowing if the concept would work,it works great so I might eventually move it to a larger beefier bike. The engine mounts are just simple angle iron with c clamps . I put the angle Iron pieces about 4 inches in length in a vise and bent them inward to make up for the angle in the frame and seat post. I could move them up and down to get everything where it would work best.

jamesar

Jan 18, 2016
united states
Here's a picture of me with my most recent bike, zoom in on the mount and you might get some ideas, I can provide pictures of the whole process if you want, just pm me cause I don't want to upload 50 image links. As a transmission I used a jackshaft from GTC with a max torque centrifugal clutch.

http://imgur.com/He6t3AV
I have two of the two strokers and I'm wondering why you had so much trouble ,I've had 3 all together and they have all been really good,here is a pic of my favorite of the two,the other one is really good one too but may be sold. Since the pic was taken I have added caliper brakes.

Attachments

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Just wondering out loud Norm. James, that's the frame you wanna use if you keep it. Not sure what guys spend on frames but you can buy a Whizzer frame for $230 I believe. And you aren't hurting those.

jamesar

Jan 18, 2016
united states
I bought this bike and two roadmasters from a local pawn shop that was just dumping bikes at five bucks each. Tires on the one I used are nearly new ,no cracks,it needed crank bearings .I took the two roadmasters and made one very good 18 speed mountain bike.I just bought a Huffy Regatto hardly ridden for what I had in my pocked 39 dollars.So far the little frame has not given me any problems,welds are holding up,if it ever did I could just get the welder out and reinforce it. Thanks for your comment.