Hello from a Swedish honda 2stroke enthusiast

GoldenMotor.com

Killerb_of_mt5.se

Sep 7, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg
Hello hello and greetings from the windy west cost of Sweden

Im Alex, and iv been in-love with 2strokes since childhood, i currently own 4 "functional" hondas and one skeleton of a scooter.. and i dont have fingers to count the number if bikes iv had and restored or run to the ground over the years....

i came here for the "Roll your own CDI" thread, and i have not looked at it yet actually cuz i needed to reg before i could search, so anyway hi, im off to have a read on yer forum!

Last edited:

Killerb_of_mt5.se

Sep 7, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg
ok some choice images coming up then...

current restoration project, frame i donno but motor is -91 new main drive shaft ( DEATH TO THOSE WHO WELD ON THE SHAFT!!) new clutch plates, ignition switch, brand new technorace that fits real bad.... new front shocks and wheel since the threads on raisers when i bought it was bad.... aaaanyway it needs a clutch handle and a carb and new rear wheel bearings, and then it will run i hope, i get spark and stuff.

this is my honda mb5 -82, totaly original, motor has never been opened, only im having some wierd problems with it right now. also shows the proma pipe i got for it, looks good and fitted god, exept i had to remove foot pegs and the dualstand...

i also have that mt5 -95 frame there with fiddy wheels and shocks, thinking about making that an electric bike....

Killerb_of_mt5.se

Sep 7, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg
5 img per post limit??? ok...

sold this last week, drove 2440.2km on it to and from work during the summer. its nice to have 2.44BHP in the same class as mopeds that are usually only allowed 1BHP...

second x8r-s, this one a -01, bought as a non-starter along with another x8r in bits minus most of the plastic since it was smashed against a tree or something. so. first thing is TIG weld some new material there, and repaint it.

im not even going to start looking at the smashed one untill i have less projects running. :)

and its not over.

Killerb_of_mt5.se

Sep 7, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg

and this is my MTX125 -87.. needs a cleaning, paint job, some sandblasting (ehh well all my bikes needs some parts blasted and painted) and some extra plastic, budget ran out this month but next is a piston for it, gonna split it open during the next few weeks and replace all the seals and gaskets..

still runs great tho, just fitted a new tire and is ripping up the local nature a bit when "nature" calls...

well thats it, i also have one of those fancy bikes with adjustable shock at the front and disc breaks front and back..

well. more pictures exists, hope you like these..

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
There is only one carb tramp...

What does the plug look like? It sounded fine in the first vid. How's the compression?

Killerb_of_mt5.se

Sep 7, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg
well my only 2 ideas left are the crank seal is bad or its the cdi.... gonna drain the oil, havent done that in a year since its not been running, but should smell of gas if broken gasket....

as for lean or rich, iv walked through main jets all the way from 52 to 80, standard for a 13mm carb 8mm inlet is 56-65 depending on temperature and altitude, in usa were thay have 16mm carbs and 16mm inlets its 105 main jet size...

Last edited: