Carb

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Made a little message about the carb on mine and the blog got moved. To where I was wondering. Anyway still waiting on replies of which I have seen two. Upon further scanning of the talks about carbs , it seems I need to just tear into one and see what is going on. I may have some incorrect thinking on these little guys. For instance, running in the idle screw only raises the slide inside. Also the jet is possibly too rich? Get me on track guys. Where is the new spot for my blog? gphil

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Yes- turning the idle screw in only really raises the slide-

What kind of carb is it? there are different jets available for many of them that screw into the carb, if you are otherwise unhappy with the performance- I've never played around with them much-

Once I put a staright billet aluminum intake on ($20 these days) my carbs have been pretty much a non-issue- even the original smaller NT ran my 66 pretty well- a 66 Speed carb a little better- the intake made the most difference, if your motor is fairly level

No experience with CNS or Delloroto- I think you can get more screaming revs, if you want them. I just want a carb that runs and my motors to last.

Last edited:

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Carb is the NT. I am like you just want a running engine. As of now it will not unless full choke, which I need to tighten , real loose. So time will tell. gphil

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
It sounds like you might have an airleak- which is usually at the intake-

a rubber "o ring usually helps- several vendors here sell them. I think I got one from Sick Bikes- the air leak went away- you can sometimes use a bit of electrical tape or gasket sealer- my carb has slots rthat extend back behind it's own clamp and let air in until I covered them.

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=51&osCsid=vvaevck8qq7vifea481pas1uu1

I have to choke my 66 a little bit on starting- after changing the intake and carb- Never did at first- The 50cc I have never needs a choke.