2 bike stolen in san diego

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Thank you. I hope so too because the next build will be a Felt MP with a 79cc or 99cc so i can tow a kayak to Mission Bay and I'll be damned if anyone gets ahold of that frame and motor without my knowledge or permission.

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I'll be damned if anyone gets ahold of that frame and motor without my knowledge or permission.

Just a curious thought here... that many bikes stolen from you... forgive me for saying this, but it is starting to sound like an inside job if you will... perhaps a not so close friend or a jealous friend???

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
No I think it's someone who knows what their doing. It was next to a window with a u-lock on it. and a bright security light on it.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Thank you. I hope so too because the next build will be a Felt MP with a 79cc or 99cc so i can tow a kayak to Mission Bay and I'll be damned if anyone gets ahold of that frame and motor without my knowledge or permission.
My suggestion is not to build any MB's (especially that Felt), until you move to a safer location.

If not, damned or not, they'll have your Felt.:-||

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
GOOD NEWS!!!!

Ok so I havnt gotten them yet but I have a suspect. I dont want to get into details but will post as soon as I know. Don't worry I am going through with everything legally. Will keep you guys updated.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
WHOOO HOOO!! Get em', 87! Dam varmits, anyway. Last one I caught stealing from me almost ate my baseball bat but he was too fast for me. It was the 3rd time the cops photographed my baseball bat. ...and I still have it :D

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I can see that happening other places but not here. The band I was in got ripped for around $2000 worth of gear. When we were at the Boise City Police station a Sgt. said to us. "You know what a baseball bat looks like, don't you?"

And like I said my bat has been photo'd 3 times with a reason for each time. My Carl Yastremski Little League bat is leaning against my bedpost as I type. (turns out to actually be worth between $75 and $100!!) And I think a thief would last longer against it that my Ruger Security Six .357 Magnum....

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
WHOOO HOOO!! Get em', 87! Dam varmits, anyway. Last one I caught stealing from me almost ate my baseball bat but he was too fast for me. It was the 3rd time the cops photographed my baseball bat. ...and I still have it :D
The cops told me to carry a baseball and a glove with the bat in the car.

Just in case.....

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
And I think a thief would last longer against it that my Ruger Security Six .357 Magnum....
Hehe, nice choice. My friends dad just picked up a set of late 1700's dueling pistols, they both fire too. Good luck hawaii, if you get the bikes back, kick the thiefs in the "nads"*

*beavis and butthead huh huh huh :)laff

The Transporter

Jan 20, 2012
dearborn heights michigan
Sorry to here of your lost bro! I have had my share of things stolen from me that meant alot. Not a good feeling,always said I like to catch the mother trucker who did it but I would in up in the slammer if ya know what mean!!! Hopefully youll get 2 bikes that are even better than you had keep your head up brother things will come your way!!

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The cops told me to carry a baseball and a glove with the bat in the car.

Just in case.....
The only glove I have is a '50's kids glove I turned down a $50 offer. It's a Mickey Mantel glove that in good times I think I can get well over $100 for.

I don't think the cops would believe that I was going to go play ball with it ;) but I can sure find one at a used sporting goods place :)

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm sorry to hear you got hit again, that really sucks.

Considering the money we pour in to our bikes, adding a camera system to the area isn't that bad. Among others, Walmart has this option: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Linksys-Wireless-N-Internet-Home-Surveillance-Camera/13909290?findingMethod=rr.

I got the one I'm using at Costco, for about the same or a little less price. From what I'm looking at from the Walmart website though, this one looks pretty good as a starting package: http://www.walmart.com/ip/SVAT-TWR301-GX012-Digital-Wireless-DVR-Security-System-with-receiver-SD-Card-Recording-and-Long-Range-Night-Vision-Cameras/15052132?findingMethod=rr.
The DVR included is a nice thing, the Uniden I've got is plugged into our house server PC to display and to record video.

Mildfury

Jan 29, 2012
Fort Pierce, Florida
Hope you find your bikes. Have you guys thought about gps. I have one of the pet gps on my bike and it help me get my bike back once and put the person in jail for a long while since i had the receipt for my bike and it was 4k they were charged with grand theft. I can track my bike on my cellphone. It was 150 bucks for the pet gps. It does work.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Hey Mildfury. Can you give me the link to the pet gps??? Nothing yet. Seems I'm being watched. No guy no movement nothing.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Hope you find your bikes. Have you guys thought about gps. I have one of the pet gps on my bike and it help me get my bike back once and put the person in jail for a long while since i had the receipt for my bike and it was 4k they were charged with grand theft. I can track my bike on my cellphone. It was 150 bucks for the pet gps. It does work.
I like the idea of a GPS on my bike, but at $150 for the device and $180 per year for the service I think the cost pretty much negates the benefit. I wish there were a more affordable device available that does not require a monthly service to track it....