Gas Bike Magazine - Contributors Wanted

GoldenMotor.com

weslisa1

Aug 7, 2011
Greenville, NC
I am starting a magazine that will focus on gas and electric bike production and use. I am seeking contributors of both articles and photos. All contributors that get published will be compensated.

Please feel free to visit the website GasBikeMagazine.com and leave your information. I can be contacted at: [email protected] or call 252-714-4875.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
Considering that Gasbike.net has one of the worst reputations for service, etc. Don't see too many people signing up for your newsletter.

I sure won't be.

Macestar

Aug 8, 2011
United States
I know I am new here but I just bought my first kit from Kingsmotorbikes.com(gasbike.net) and I will say it is only my opinion but these guys are crooks. I won't be interested in their e-Mag. They sold me a CNS carb as an UPGRADE and not a aftermarket part for an extra 20 bucks. (The carb does not work with my engine unless you retro fit it in a major way. darn thing blew right off the intake manifold (used loctite even). The thottle was buggered up inside and would not twist. I have not yet received a response to my support inquiries about their products. They are more interested in only money and not developing a long term relationship with their customers.

Now I have bought a new NT carb and throttle from someone else. I am out the extra $20 to them and $35 for the replacement parts I had to buy elsewhere. Don't buy anything from kingsmotorbikes.com or gasbike.net (one crooked company running under two websites).

This money may not seem like a lot to them but I have not been able to get steady work now for two years and have taken to delivering newspapers (5 routes) just to make ends meet. I am hoping that a MB will help on the gas saving and the wear an tear on my car, however $20 (now $55) is a lot to me. So please trust me when I say don't buy from these crooks, no matter how good the price looks because it will only cost you more in the long run with no support. Oh also they have poor installation instructions. I was able to learn more help from the videos at www.motovelo.us and this forum. Thanks everyone here and no thanks to Gasbike.net

Jesse

Last edited:

weslisa1

Aug 7, 2011
Greenville, NC
Hey guys, I hear you. What I will be producing has nothing to do with any company/companies with similar names or likenesses. Gas Bike Magazine and GasBikeMagazine.com are not affiliated with any other company/companies that are associated with this industry.

I represent Gas Bike Magazine and GasBikeMagazine.com.

Our goal is to publish a hard copy magazine, on a quarterly basis, that will further expand the motorbiking community flavor and passion of its end users.

If anyone is interested in contributing content to the first publication please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or call Wes Shepherd direct at 252-714-4875.

Take care-
Wes

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
Sorry weslisa1, I have to say something smells with your statement that "What I will be producing has nothing to do with any company/companies with similar names or likenesses. Gas Bike Magazine and GasBikeMagazine.com are not affiliated with any other company/companies that are associated with this industry."

I went to the webpage you mentioned above, "GasBikeMagazine.com." On the very first page there, the pic in the bottom right has the gasbike.net url. So you're either;
A) A liar and your company is affiliated, or
B) Plagiarizing pictures already for your new magazine.

Either way is not a good way to start a company. Try changing your name to any of the other standards like "Motorized Bicycle/bike" "motor assisted bicycle/bike", **** even calling it a "moped" is better than the gas bike name.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
I didnt see anything related to Kings. Everyone chill. Dont jump on this guy just let. He's trying to make something. I would change the name. Motorbicyclingmag.com maybe??? Good luck on this venture.

-Hawaii

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I don't know enough to venture an opinion. I have written for newspapers and magazines some years ago and stopped due to the poor compensation for hard work. A legitimate magazine of this type would be a good thing, I think, but my own writing, photos and sharing of information will be right here with you good people.
SB

weslisa1

Aug 7, 2011
Greenville, NC
One word, "wow". I borrowed the photo off of the internet due to lack of a photo that I had taken myself. No laws were broken, however, I will remedy this today. It is a cool looking bike though.

Again, no affiliation to any other entities that pertain to this industry.

Thanks to those who support via your posts. As we get closer to publication, please make sure that Gas Bike Magazine has your physical address so that a fresh copy can be mailed.

And for those who seem not so supportive at the moment, as we get closer to publication please make sure that Gas Bike Magazine has your physical address so that a fresh copy can be mailed.

Still seeking content for this publication. If interested please visit GasBikeMagazine.com

Take care-
Wes

Macestar

Aug 8, 2011
United States
.duh.FIRST OF ALL let me APOLOGIZE to Mr Shepard from NC. I did a little online investigating (domaintools.com) and have found that what you say is correct. GasBikeMagazine is not in any way affiliated with that other scummy company. I take back anything I have said about this magazine. When I saw the photo on your website and the their logo URL in the bottom corner it set my blood a boiling. I am truly sorry and ask that you forgive me. I wish you the best of luck with your venture. In the mean time can you replace that photo so know one else associates you with those crooks, since the domain names are so closely alike?

Jesse .duh.

Last edited:

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
I'm with Macestar as well. Seems like just a bad coincidence of the magazines name and the "borrowed" pic. I apologize as well.

I'm sure that now this is cleared up, you will be able to get all kinds of pictures sent to you. As a new magazine, the one thing you do not want to deal with is getting sued for using pictures without permission.

You might even go the route of having a form filled out for using submitted pictures. This seems like a great idea, and I can't wait to see how the magazine fills out.

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
Sorry to jump on ya so quick like that. It's little things like that that can ruin a reputation quick.

I wish I was as good as some of the people on here that are building these bikes. Bairdco would be an awsome contributer, if he has the time.

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
I have written for newspapers and magazines some years ago and stopped due to the poor compensation for hard work.
SB
Same here, silverbear. It's frustrating to be a writer these days. Our craft has been completely devalued by the blog. Of course, the way the economy's going now....I could always use a few more bucks. Especially if the writing is interesting. I think I'll look into it.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I wouldn't mind making a contribution at some point. I would like very much to see this publication succeed. That said, here I am jumping on the "change the name" bandwagon.

After what just transpired back there, I think you will have a much easier time getting off the ground with a name that sounds rather more different from GasBike. That name seems to very quickly conjure feelings of animosity, ill will, resentment, and anger among our members who have been mistreated by this company. You'll spend a lot of your time explaining yourself.

That, and with a name that mentions "GAS bike", most folks might not be expecting to find articles on electrics as well.

I am truly not trying to criticize. I merely agree with others, in that a name change might be a good way to get the ball rolling.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Just thoughts on different names.

Power Bicycle Magazine

Motor Bicycling Magazine

My personal favorite...

2 Cycle Bicycle Magazine.

I know, it doesn't include 4 cycle, but you could always do a 4 Cycle Bicycle Magazine Supplement for year subscriptions or something.

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
Or a nice name I just thought up "Power Cycle Magazine". I like how that name can bring up all kinds of mental possibilities.

(Stolen from Goat with a few letters dropped lol)