Scuffed Huffy does some scuffing...on me.

GoldenMotor.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Had the bike out for fourth ride of the weekend. Just a short trip to the local convenience store. Headed back home, stopped at a stop light and took off again. When I did I noticed my rear pull brake went limp. I looked down and saw the whole caliper had broken off at the mounting bolt. I signaled to pull over into a housing addition turn lane and WWWHHAAAAMMM! The caliper wedged itself between the tire and frame causing it to lock up and send me sliding dirt track style across the pavement at about 30 mph.

Aftermath:

Also took a good bit of skin off the ball of my ankle and bruised my heel pretty bad. The bike didn't fair too bad. Chain is done, brake is obviously done, drive gear/rag joint are askew, rim needs trued (hoping spoke are ok under rag joint) right side pedal and grip are ate up. Looks like it's time for a hub adapter! I was looking for an excuse to pick one up...

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
Doesnt look that bad. Ive been down at over 100mph. I was racing my street bike on the track. Keep it clean. Ive found neosporene works really well. That and keep it covered for the first week. Good luck and hope you heal soon.
ps. Did you hurt that pretty new helmet?

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Ya, it's a pretty typical injury for me. Got several very similar when I used to skate. Now it definitely pales in comparison to my quad racing injury...compound fracture of the right femur. Not cool.

Helmet's fine! Kept my head up! Ha!

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
We =ll at least like I said in the other thread"

road rash sucks but at least you are still breating...Bikes can be fixed but dead cant.
Live and Learn, if it was your fault because of maintenance or bad installation you learned a lesson, if it was bad parts you learned not to buy the same ones again, if it was just stuff that happens you learned that MB's are a seat of the pants ride and it when it happens it can hurt...