Hello from Australia

GoldenMotor.com

MB Dave

Mar 25, 2011
Australia
Hello
Built my first MB a few weeks ago. Found this site very helpful in ironing out the bugs. The search feature is very good. I'm looking forward to the latest developments such as the new clutch pucks.
My bike has 27" wheels, a 1970's steel frame and bits and pieces off E-Bay etc..
cheers
David

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum MB Dave.....howzit goin'? Cool lookin bike ya got there, looks like it was made for that engine. Whereabouts in Oz are you from? Let's see some more pics if ya don't mind.

Cheers,
scotto-

dnut

MB Dave

Mar 25, 2011
Australia
Hello Curtisfox
The headlight is an old bicycle kerosene light. I've put a modern Cree light assembly in it. ($10 from E-bay Hong Kong). See pics.
The tank is from eziridecycles.com.au here in Sydney Australia. I believe they are from China that some vendors sell. They will fit on the bigger bikes that have enough room under the cross bar.

Hello Scotto
That's cool that you've been to Perth. Small world.
Yea, Emu Bitter is a nice beer, although I prefer Victoria Bitter (VB).

Cheers
David

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
What size is the tube that the tank fits on? All it says is large frame. $40 is not bad wander what shiping would be to here? Thanks.....Curt

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That is a cool old lantern ya got there, nicely converted. And yeah.....VB = the Very Best me mates would say. My favorite back then was Coopers sparkling ale, when I lived in Newport Beach, NSW. I need to come back for a visit.

dnut

Hello Curtisfox
The headlight is an old bicycle kerosene light. I've put a modern Cree light assembly in it. ($10 from E-bay Hong Kong). See pics.
The tank is from eziridecycles.com.au here in Sydney Australia. I believe they are from China that some vendors sell. They will fit on the bigger bikes that have enough room under the cross bar.

Hello Scotto
That's cool that you've been to Perth. Small world.
Yea, Emu Bitter is a nice beer, although I prefer Victoria Bitter (VB).

Cheers
David

MB Dave

Mar 25, 2011
Australia
Curt
The diameter of the top tube is 1 inch.
When looking for a suitable fuel tank, there were a few places in the States that had pictures of them on their web sites, but were out of stock.
One such place was here Custom Motored Bicycles - Home
Keep looking, you should find one near you.