What kind of reaction do you get?

GoldenMotor.com

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Haha tonight for the second time since ive been riding i passed 2 spandex tools and 1 called me a cheat. Unfortunatly for me as soon as i could reply "im not playing" i was already a mile in front of them..wee.

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
I'm sorry to hear/read the bad experiences of my "brothers" who enjoy motorized bikes. I too have had minor incidences of discourtesy such as cutting me and driving inches near my wide cruiser handlebars. But living here in Manila, things like those are somewhat expected as there is no formal education or driving training for new drivers. On the upside, if I'd charge 1 dollar for every admirer of my micargi inspired cruiser, that would've covered half my costs in building the bike and in a few more days or weeks, my bike is paid in full so to speak....drive safe fellas!pino.

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
Haha tonight for the second time since ive been riding i passed 2 spandex tools and 1 called me a cheat. Unfortunatly for me as soon as i could reply "im not playing" i was already a mile in front of them..wee.
That is f-in hilarious! I LOVE THAT STORY... :D

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
There are a couple of folks who ride around here and they're all pretty courteous. We went for a ride over in St. Pete and they had an organized ride for the spandex crowd. We got some looks riding through the parking lot but, for the most part, it was fine. Hard to believe that someone would throw a water bottle at you!

Now, for some REAL fun, mosey up next to a guy on one of those cruiser motorcycles. You know, the guy with the belt-driven motorcycle and a chain-driven wallet. I slide up next to them at red lights and just kind of "Nice bike" type of stuff with them. They'll run a redlight to get away from you sometimes! rmfla

warner

Jun 5, 2008
ELGIN, IL
There are a couple of folks who ride around here and they're all pretty courteous. We went for a ride over in St. Pete and they had an organized ride for the spandex crowd. We got some looks riding through the parking lot but, for the most part, it was fine. Hard to believe that someone would throw a water bottle at you!

Now, for some REAL fun, mosey up next to a guy on one of those cruiser motorcycles. You know, the guy with the belt-driven motorcycle and a chain-driven wallet. I slide up next to them at red lights and just kind of "Nice bike" type of stuff with them. They'll run a redlight to get away from you sometimes! rmfla
It seems like the guys I see on motorcycles are much more approving and admiring of the motorized bicycle that the spandex (or GREEN) crowd. They get especially irritated if they are working their butts off pedaling...either to go uphill, or hammering downhill. I once passed a couple who were riding their mountain bikes...pretty fast too...for mountain bikes...they were doing about 20 mph. At first I just stayed back behind them a bit, but then I decided to pass them and pull away. My bike cruises between 30 - 35 mph and I've topped out a little over 40. Not many cyclists can maintain that speed. I don't know if they were irritated...they didn't say anything. My bike is so well disguised that when I'm on the bike path portion of my trip home from work (about 2 miles...ALL pedaling, engine off), they all wave to me as I pass by. I haven't had any unpleasant exchanges with anyone yet....

Warner

warner

Jun 5, 2008
ELGIN, IL
I'm sure that would be different if you had the motor going on the last two miles.... :D
It's actually my first two miles...But I know what you mean. Hehehe. I actually WOULD have it going, but it's through a forest preserve and that would be a MAJOR bust.....not worth the risk at all.

Warner

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
the roadies around here pretend not to notice me...
but, the guys with the big $$$ custom choppers all look and give me props (^)
they seem to know what we are all about ;)

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
latest reaction to my bike... last night at our weekly old school jap car club meet, a guy from another club offered to buy my ride...oh and yes, since my jap car's battery went dead, I brought the next best thing...my stretch cruiser mb and am happy to report, my li'l bike took the attention away from their shiny and clean cars!