bicycle motor manual

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
this site is an awesome bicycle engine kit repair and modification manual. i woke up this morning trying to think of what makes this site special.

1. the friends you will make
2. its the ultimate motorized bicycle manual. you use the search just like you would use the index in a paper manual to find what you need. here is the nice part. if the motorized bicycle manual does not have what you are looking for you just ask and the answer soon appears.
3. if you do not understand something the manual says you ask and it will explaine it to you.
4. this manual helps you trouble shoot your bicycle motor
4. thank you every one for making this site so special and informative. its just gonna get better and better (^)

jamrhein

Aug 23, 2009
Massachusetts
By the way, is there some way to obtain an actual repair manual for the China motors?
I already tried Zoombicycles.com and they aren't available thru them. I'd be very interested in looking up such things as Head torque, Piston to cylinder wall clearance, CDI and Magneto ohms specs, etc.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
By the way, is there some way to obtain an actual repair manual for the China motors?
I already tried Zoombicycles.com and they aren't available thru them. I'd be very interested in looking up such things as Head torque, Piston to cylinder wall clearance, CDI and Magneto ohms specs, etc.
Yep. Log on to this site, and use the Google search at the top of the page, you will find all your answers in a flash....or two.

highstrung74

Nov 4, 2014
illinois
yea its called the internet chat fourms and just ask and sumone will be more than willing to help...with their "unusual" circumstances too.
please accept my appology if i seem rude but this is just what works wonders(well) for me.i am not being sarcastic either.
thanks again
Dallas Dean

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yes. There's no need for anyone to publish a paper manual. I don't suppose there's any market for one, either, when we've already got a (figuratively speaking) living, breathing manual right here.

One that updates itself, to boot.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What you read here is all opinions, but based on experience. Lots more valuable that the instructions I've seen that come with many kits and the plethora of youtube videos made my folks more interested in seeing their work on the internet than offering solid advice. Much of what I've seen borders on false, or just plain bad advice.

Here you can ask and get several replies of which you can make your choice as to what is viable or not. The prime rule is to do what works for you. There will always be differing opinions and nothing is written in stone. What works for you is the 'right' way to do it. The advantage to being part of this forum is that you are offered different ways to try the same thing. It's up to you to select the 'right' way.

Tom

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Forums like this....no matter what they're for are very helpful. I cannot remember anyone not finding some sort of useful answers here

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Forums like this....no matter what they're for are very helpful. I cannot remember anyone not finding some sort of useful answers here
Wellll.....you'll see folks from time to time who just can't seem to 'get it'.

It's kinda sad, of course. And I do feel bad for them.

But absurdity also happens to tickle my funny bone. So I've also had a few chuckles at their antics.

I really do wish them well. But I've seen some jaw-dropping posts. And it can be entertaining.

Eljeffo41

Oct 15, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
This forum is everything I dreamed it would be and more! I am waiting on parts for my first build, and every issue large or small I can conjure up has been answered with a simple search.dance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This forum is everything I dreamed it would be and more! I am waiting on parts for my first build, and every issue large or small I can conjure up has been answered with a simple search.dance1
Our 'Search' does have most of the answers but feel free to ask if there's something we can help you with. There is a lot of experienced builders here who can steer you in the right direction if you need help or advice. We're glad you've joined us.

Tom

Eljeffo41

Oct 15, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks! I know at some point I will probably be quizzing someone about something. Good to know you guys are there. I have nooo problem asking for help.lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
its amazing how much this stuff has evolved in the last 7 years.
Yes, you're right. There have been some innovations, some aftermarket offerings but above all a lot of experience with motorized bicycles. Much has been learned and shared with new builders.
Think how much easier it would be to build a successful bike today compared to when you first joined. So much good advice learned over the years and so much willingness to share it with newbies.

Tom