skyhawk or starfire?

GoldenMotor.com

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
i want someone who has tested both engine 66cc kits and the pros and cons of both. the starfire is $100 cheaper ($219) leaning toward the starfire will the starfire 66cc fit the occ tingray?

Last edited by a moderator:

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
mrbikerboy or mbbimports the guy whoi runs that place is a F@g the othere seller has the starfire i want someone who has tested both engine 66cc kits and the pros and cons of both. the starfire is $100 cheaper ($219) leaning toward the starfire will the starfire 66cc fit the occ tingray?

Lmao yeh i was a lil worried when i rock'd up at his house and he spoke through the screen door! but he eventually came around even gave me the pretzel manifold for the cns carby for free.

Im my opinion theres bugger all difference (let it rain) between the motors, Ive had a Gasman 48cc Grubee starfire, a Zbox 48cc slant head motor and now a 48cc Grubee skyhawk motor although the ports are bigger in the skyhawk and the barrel and head is a tear drop shape, they all went and go about the same!

I love the skyhawk but for an extra $100 its so not worth it and if you think about it a replacement motor for a skyhawk is $160 the starfire $150 ????

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
Lmao yeh i was a lil worried when i rock'd up at his house and he spoke through the screen door! but he eventually came around even gave me the pretzel manifold for the cns carby for free.

Im my opinion theres bugger all difference (let it rain) between the motors, Ive had a Gasman 48cc Grubee starfire, a Zbox 48cc slant head motor and now a 48cc Grubee skyhawk motor although the ports are bigger in the skyhawk and the barrel and head is a tear drop shape, they all went and go about the same!

I love the skyhawk but for an extra $100 its so not worth it and if you think about it a replacement motor for a skyhawk is $160 the starfire $150 ????
nah im looking for the full kit on ebay skyhawk is $319 the starfire is (i think $225) wil it fit on barrys motor mounts?

GrimBrothers

Aug 20, 2009
Texas
I have a 48cc skyhawk on my stingray it fits with Barry's mount, should be the same with a 66cc i think.
My build on my stingray is nearing completion, so all i can say is take your time with it!

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
I have a 48cc skyhawk on my stingray it fits with Barry's mount, should be the same with a 66cc i think.
My build on my stingray is nearing completion, so all i can say is take your time with it!
does ur stingray have coaster breaks? what did u use for a chain tensioner? is the stingray suitable for a near-6ft person? did u use barrys pipe? is it realy that loud?

GrimBrothers

Aug 20, 2009
Texas
does ur stingray have coaster breaks? what did u use for a chain tensioner? is the stingray suitable for a near-6ft person? did u use barrys pipe? is it realy that loud?
For brakes all i have is the rear brakes.(need to get front brakes too!)
For the chain tensioner i use the stock but i drilled a hole in the frame and bolted it in place.
I'm 6ft and it fits me just a little awkward to pedal. You could raise the seat to help, but i like it all the way down.
No i did not use Barry's pipe i got a blow torch and heated it my stock exhaust cherry red and bent it to fit.

Due to money(im only 15 nearing 16 in January) its been 3 months and Im not done with my build yet. I just need to get chains because mine are too short. But hopefully all is well when i get ready to start it.

Hope i helped a little, Goodluck!