Newbee looking to build my first motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

gcw

May 9, 2009
IL
I'm new to this hobby and planning my first build. I'm thinking about building a Micargi Prado Deluxe bike. I would prefer to use a 4 stroke engine frame mount kit. However, based on info from this forum, it appears there is limited choices for a good kit. Any suggestions on this bike and on engine choices for it? How is the Wizard 4-Stoke engine kit? I'm excited about building this bike, but I'm not sure which way to go. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: Newbee looking to build my first MB

GCW,
Welcome, glad you joined us. I have no experience with the Macargi but there have been some bad reports about the quality. Check here: http://motorbicycling.com/f3/micargi-good-bad-6137.html and base your purchase on what other information you might find. Hope this doesn't burst your bubble but and informed buyer...well, you know the rest.
Tom

Last edited:

gcw

May 9, 2009
IL
Re: Newbee looking to build my first MB

Thanks for the info on the Macargi bikes. With all the problems with them I'm going to use a different brand. I'm building this bike for my son who has some disabilities. He would like a chopper-style bike with a fat (3 or 4 inch) rear tire. Will the fat type rear tire present problems getting the sprokets in alignment? I would also prefer to use a 4 stroke frame mount engine, but not sure which one will work the best. If anyone has any suggestions I will certainly appreciate them.