very noisy clutch

GoldenMotor.com

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
hey everyone, when i pull in my clutch and lock the lever, then pedal the bike, i hear a noise coming from my clutch case and i also feel a slight vibration when i ride it, why could this be?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
check your clutch adjustment and the grease on your clutch arm/bucking bar area

if motor is new, wait a while for chain & other hardware to wear in a bit

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
the engine runs fine, but when i pedal it with the clutch completly in i hear a loud noise from the clutch, when i unscrew the flower nut on the clutch so much that it wouldnt even engage when i let off the clutch, the noise goes away, this ever happened with me before. and yes i did add grease to my bucking bar, alot of it. more suggestions will be greatky appriciated, thanks

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
He did ask how your engine running, he asked IS IT RUNNING??????
Sound it could anyone of a couple things.
Why don't you do some clutch reading, there everything you could possible learn down in Norms repair
that I got it, by searching it out. I have found I'll remember it better that way.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
might not be anything to worry about

could be that the little bearings in the clutch hub are noisy - this often happens, but trying to get a bit of grease into them is hard and often makes no diff

could be that the pressure plate or flower nut is rubbing on inside of cover - this can often be fixed by adding an extra gasket

only real problem would be if the pads have fine wires coming out of them that are getting into the bearings in the hub - this can cause the hub to lock up eventually, so replacing the pads early is best