Hi All

GoldenMotor.com

Getmore

Oct 12, 2013
Florida
Newbe here. I just came across a Geneses Onyx bike with a motor that I don't know what the cc is I can't fined nothing. But I had to take it apart to re build it the bore is 1.843 or 46.9mm I think this would be 80cc? can someone tell me the cc from that bore so I can order parts. Also i paid 50.00 bucks for it did i do ok buying it Thanks in advance Bill ,

Last edited:

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
Welcome to the Motorbicycling forum GM,

You have a 66cc engine (also sold incorrectly as an 80cc).

Good luck and keep us posted!

Getmore

Oct 12, 2013
Florida
Thanks for the info. I added all the the things i need and it will cost me $140.00 to get it going and I dont know the history on the motor it looks to have been sitting out side. the inside of the motor looks good I had to free the rod at the crank but was not stuck to bad I think it will be ok. I just need to replace cluch and electrical stuff. It also need a new cylinder. the muffler mounting bolt hole is broke along with some of the flat part to make a seal. I am just wondering if I should wait and buy a new motor. I see them come on sale time to time. what do you guys think.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
For about $150 you can still get a whole new kit-

if the motor needs rebuild work like that
and will cost that much

I'd just get a new kit
and not be too attached to what you have

at least that's what I'd do
good luck

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
From what you've said, I'd follow Nash Kat's advice and just go with a new kit. Another option would be to buy just an engine (less the other kit stuff). An engine alone costs about half that of a full kit and a CDI unit runs about $25 or so. This, and catching a sale (like you say) might get you what you need for ~ $100 less shipping.

As for shipping, you'll want to shop around when ordering motorized bicycle stuff (especially smaller items). Some retailers charge higher ship rates in order to make up for their "bargain" prices. These shipping costs can, of course, $10 and $20 you to death.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
some complaints once in a while about ebay sellers, but a kit at about $140 ain't all that bad (and you'll have two motors)

Getmore

Oct 12, 2013
Florida
I'll keep looking right now I am stripping the cylinder and see if I can fix it. I also need all the control stuff so if I have to cato this motor I will just get a kit.

Getmore

Oct 12, 2013
Florida
Here are some pics of what I got going somebody painted the top end with some sort of white paint over the black it is a pita to get off but I have a media blaster at work so I will get most of it off and then blast it. Also you can see where I have to fix the EX port. Well for some reasons I can't upload the pics from my phone.

Getmore

Oct 12, 2013
Florida
Things are looking good I saved the jug all I need is clutch gaskets and mag. I will be ordering tommorow along with a new motor kit off Ebay as well. I will save the new motor for backup and use all the other goodies on the bike. Thanks for the help.dance1