Hello from Denmark

GoldenMotor.com

jimbolic

Aug 23, 2011
Denmark
Hey people, new guy. Been looking around this board for some hours now, and it seemed right to introduce myself.

Also I have the felling the people roaming these halls can help me out more than Google could. ;)

I just bought a Wildfire the other day, but I`m total clueless about anything related to Motorised bikes. Hope you guys can tell me what it is I got myself here. (pics related ;) )

Greetings from Denmark

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us.
As for what you have; you've got a very nice bike.
Keep a close watch on the fenders, especially that front one and make sure the mounting brackets are secure. Fenders are nice but they can be a source of trouble if they come loose and wrap around the front wheel. Engine vibration can compromise the factory fender mounts on many bikes.
Don't hesitate to ask if you need help.
Have fun and ride safe.
Tom

jimbolic

Aug 23, 2011
Denmark
It it nice, yes. Plus it drives well. I`m thinking about getting rid of the plastic mudguards, and I need to get some reading done on teh whole thing. I`d love if someone has a link to a site where I can get some reading done about Wildfire bikes, I tried googling and found their official site. But there was nothing on the Motorised Bikes. Maybe it`s just me.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

dirt

Aug 13, 2011
United States
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us.
As for what you have; you've got a very nice bike.
Keep a close watch on the fenders, especially that front one and make sure the mounting brackets are secure. Fenders are nice but they can be a source of trouble if they come loose and wrap around the front wheel. Engine vibration can compromise the factory fender mounts on many bikes.
Don't hesitate to ask if you need help.
Have fun and ride safe.
Tom
There was a guy at work who's fender came off and wrapped around his front tire. He was riding his MB from the parking lot to the building when it happened. The back end of the bike came up over the front end and he ended up in the ER unconscious. He had to take a few days off but is okay now. Only thing is that we can't ride bikes on company property any more.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Welcome to the forum from Dallas. I like it. Where did you find it?

I kind of worry about your fenders too. I think you should remove them. Check your chain, I think the lower run is on the wrong side of the tensioner wheel.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
jimbolic, Thanks for sharing that sweet bike with us. Welcome. :) I would remove and inspect the mounts, Fenders there self, Get to know what you have. Ride without the fenders if you like. A locked up wheel at any speed Ain't good. (c)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum from Dallas. I like it. Where did you find it?

I kind of worry about your fenders too. I think you should remove them. Check your chain, I think the lower run is on the wrong side of the tensioner wheel.
This man is right. The chain should be on top of the tensioner wheel, not the bottom of it.
We often recommend the tensioner bracket be secured so it can not rotate on the chain stay and get into the rear spokes but it appears that your chain stays are elliptical as opposed to round so you might be good with the bracket as is. Just get that chain where its supposed to be; on top of the wheel.

Tom

jimbolic

Aug 23, 2011
Denmark
Thanks for the heads up guys, I removed the fenders and got the chain on top of the tension wheel. :) Safety first and I drive it to work, so wouldn`t be optimal to end up in the ER.

Now since I got the main issues out of the way, it`s time to roam these halls. ;)

Now that I`ve posted the pics of it here, I`d like to ask what should I look into to get it to run more silent. Atm it sounds like twenty lawnmowers.:)

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Now that I`ve posted the pics of it here, I`d like to ask what should I look into to get it to run more silent. Atm it sounds like twenty lawnmowers.:)
LOL, I got mine down to about 4 lawn mowers. An easy way to get it quiter is to gear it up. Looks like you're running a stock 44 T sprocket. A 40 T would lower the revs and reduce sound at cruising speeds. If your bike is an 80 you could consider a 36 T.

dirt

Aug 13, 2011
United States
Well I gave it a run with them installed and it did help with the gear noise. Now 25mph sounds and feels nice. It still feels like it is screaming at 30mph or over.

jimbolic

Aug 23, 2011
Denmark
I'm going to try these Engine Sound Dampeners out. I'll let you know if they make a difference or not.

Sick Bike Parts
Just had a look at the link you posted, sounds like it could do some good. I also want to change the exhaust and some other minor parts. The chain needs to get tightent after I put it on top of the tension wheel. Thanks for the help people.