Honda GX31 and a Schwinn Cruiser SS

GoldenMotor.com

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
Greetings gents, I have been lurking here for a few days in preparation for my first motorized bike project, and I certainly enjoy the amout of experience displayed here. So here is my first question for the forum. I have a Schwinn Cruiser SS with a Shimano CB-E110 rear hub, and a Honda GX31 powered string trimmer hanging in my garage with a bent shaft from a run in with my wifes Honda Van....or should I say a "run over"...anyway..It seems I have the most of the makings of a MB. Can anyone tell me where I can buy a reduction unit, a good rear hub adapter and the rest of the makings to breed these 2 machines together? Either a "kit" minus engine or in seperate pieces..and of high quality. IN frame mount I think at this point. The mission here is to build a "campground Cruiser" so to speak..I am not exactly a newbie when it comes to fabrication..having built 5 experimental aircraft over the last 20 years, and I have a very well equipped shop including a mill and a couple of lathes, but I know I need to learn alot more before starting.

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
Staton makes the transmission and related parts for your app. depending on your bike setup. We make the frames in my avatar pic and the staton trans bolts right in, but depending on the space in your frame maby it will work.

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
Thanks Lance, I went back to Staton site and discovered alot I had missed. very good looking gearbox!...although kinda wide for an inframe. And I sure like the design of your yellow bike. Well thought out I would say. Get any calls for a tandem?...I am thinking that would keep me from having to build 2 bikes for the campground!

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
HEHE..Well Lance...take it from me..as long as she's still youre girlfriend...she will do that...but let her become your wife, and she will want her own seat..or her own bike!

jaime

Jul 28, 2011
puerto rico
hi im a new guy from puerto rico hope to learn from you guy this movement is starting now on the island

Last edited by a moderator: