Schwinn Riverside

GoldenMotor.com

Basses5

Nov 10, 2010
Kansas
Just completed this Schwinn Riverside the engine kit is from ZoomBicycles pretty much stock except for thru-bolting chain tensioner through chainstay. SickBicycleParts fwd engine mount and brake lever and the headlight from Bikeberry

Attachments

Last edited:

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
Very Nice! Just did a riverside myself and they make a very good MB, like the front and rear V-brakes...got that on my Jaguar as well...is that a dual pull brake lever? How is it working out? David

Basses5

Nov 10, 2010
Kansas
Thank you David,yes that is a dual pull lever that I purchased from Sick Bike Parts it's a widely available component and it works quite well.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The Riverside is a nice looking cruiser. You've done well with it. I would be wary of keeping the fenders though. I've inspected a Riverside in a store and, well, if you can beef up the fender mounts at all - please, for your sake, do it. Otherwise, you could probably "live without them".

Basses5

Nov 10, 2010
Kansas
Yes you are correct the fenders need much sturdier mounting bosses. Will be addressing this very soon. It is too cold to ride here right now unless you are hardcore so for us it's buildin' time and thanks for your concern Allen_Wrench the consequences of a fender mount failure while underway are most always quite dire indeed..duh.

Last edited: