n00b from Alaska

GoldenMotor.com

Spicy McHaggis

Mar 9, 2008
Kodiak, Alaska
Hey everyone.

My name's Andy, and I'm a Chief in the U.S. Coast Guard. Married with 2 kids, we are currently stationed in Kodiak, Alaska (our 5th tour in Alaska). I'm from Northern Michigan originally.

Have always loved bicycles and motorcycles. Used to race road bicycles back in the 80's. I ride motorcycles now, mostly dual sport but I've sold all my 2-wheelers and now only own a 2007 Ural GearUp.

Anyhow...I've been itching to build my own motorbike, and I think I found the perfect frame - the Worksman frames. Seems like a fairly popular frame around this board, so expect some questions from me in the near future!

Thanks.
Spicy

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Ah, another north lander. Welcome to the forum. I went to the Travis City area many years ago to pick up an Airstream trailer. Nice country and I really like the upper peninsula... Ishpiming, etc. Beautiful Lake Michigan... Indian country.
SB

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Spicy,
Welcome Chief. I did a few stints up in AK. Great bunch of folks here, really helpful, wear your thick skin, LOL

SCPO US Navy Ret.
Mac

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
welcome to the forum and good luck reading through everything in the forum, i still have yet to manage to read all the usefulll imformation that is spread through out the forum.