Find a Dealer & Review

GoldenMotor.com

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
Just got my Skyhawk GT5 from bikeberry good price and 29.00 shipping
Shipped out on time
All the parts were there per spec sheet.
And it looks real good

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Good Luck to kill the little motor! I ve got a kings 80cc and everything looked good other than no instruction booklet and now I have over 3000 miles on it and it still runs good!

vcm1376

Mar 18, 2009
Cordova TN
Just thought I would throw in my two cents. I recently bought an engine from thatsdax.com and no sooner than I got it running, I messed up something on the engine. I called Duane and he was very helpful. He provides top notch customer service. I would recommend everyone buy from him.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
my luckyearlybird just blew a seal at 70 miles.. I let my dad ride it, and he rode it kinda hard so it might have happened then. but my clutch is now being lubricated.. I still ride it.. when it acts up, I clean out the clutch with brake cleaner and it's still going strong... but I'll probably put a replacement Grubee engine on it in a week or so and keep this engine as a spare.. I don't have time to take it apart and replace the seal

geeksquid

Feb 14, 2008
I'm curious about their Whizzer engine. They don't actually say it's a 4-stroke but they say "For Some States the DOT / EPA Approved kit is the 98cc two stroke 4.5 Horse Power Kit". A genuine modern day Whizzer engine is 4-stroke. That makes me think that if you ordered an engine kit or even a complete bike, you wouldn't know what you were getting until it arrived and that could be a very expensive problem since the engine kit is over $800.

Last edited by a moderator:

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
WARNING!!! Extreme Scooters are scammers
They have no Whizzers and the 98 cc 2 stroke is just a mislabeled and over priced Chinese engine kit

Notice that they do not take credit cards, probably because they have been cut off and so
the customers they have cheated can't do charge backs
Extreme Scooters have been sued by their State and forced to pay back consumers but they seem to be continuing to be scammers

Extreme Scooters said:
For Your Convenience We Currently Accept:
Personal Checks, Money Order, or Direct Bank Wire Transfer

That's the wrong URL. The correct one is here The link to their "Whizzer" engine is at here

I'm curious about their Whizzer engine. They don't actually say it's a 4-stroke but they say "For Some States the DOT / EPA Approved kit is the 98cc two stroke 4.5 Horse Power Kit". A genuine modern day Whizzer engine is 4-stroke. That makes me think that if you ordered an engine kit or even a complete bike, you wouldn't know what you were getting until it arrived and that could be a very expensive problem since the engine kit is over $800.

Last edited:

geeksquid

Feb 14, 2008
WARNING!!! Extreme Scooters are scammers
They have no Whizzers and the 98 cc 2 stroke is just a mislabeled and over priced Chinese engine kit

Notice that they do not take credit cards, probably because they have been cut off and so
the customers they have cheated can't do charge backs
Extreme Scooters have been sued by their State and forced to pay back consumers but they seem to be continuing to be scammers
Good to know. And what state is that? A quickie email to their state govt might get some action, maybe not. I knew something looked a little flaky. I can usually tell by the way they misspell words (no offense to you guys).

hi4noon

Jul 21, 2009
Massachusetts
I ordered my GT-5 from bikeberry as well. Good price, quick shipping. Everything worked upon first installation.

My clutch shaft thread at the drive gear end sheared. Working with bikeberry to get a replacement. So far customer service is prompt in response 'tho they do not appear too knowledgeable of the clutch assembly. Replacement of the clutch shaft would require a COMPLETE disassembling of the engine so I'll see if they're willing to send a replacement engine.

Will post an update as to my experience of their service once this is resolved.

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Re: Find a Dealer & Review SBP

I broke the universal front mount . Totally my fault. I had some trouble with cold starting, flats etc. In the confusion I neglected to tighten the front mount. I need to tighten it about every other tankful at a minimum. Every tank is better to go thought everything. At any rate I ordered a new one told them I broke mine and it was my fault and they sent me two!! Not two of everything that would have been unnecessary, but 2 of the brackets.

Ghost and Pablo freaking rock!!

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Find a Dealer & Review 888-kit-bike/BikeMotorKit

Ok, I have been sitting on this for a couple of weeks now. I don't necessarily like to post negative things but at the same time I hate to see others get taken advantage of especially when money is tight.

After much deliberation over vendors , I decided to to order from 888-Kit-Bike/BikeMotorKit/deverou(ebay). I had decided that I would get a Grubee 66cc and the vendor choice was made primarily on location though they did claim a 60 day warranty. They were a Michigan company and being unemployed in Michigan, I thought I should try to support my local economy. Unfortunately the company wasn't completely local as they are 3 hours away. If they were closer I would have shown up on the doorstep.

Pre-sales service was good and they were quick to answer all of my questions. Shipping was great as it arrived the next day. That's where the good stopped.

The box seemed to have been re taped but I thought perhaps they had opened it for inspection. Looking at it further I noticed that the piston crown had some color and wear. I thought "well perhaps they do a test run in". I tried to be positive and give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

Prior to installation I noticed the the clutch assembly was rough. The Friction plate was completely out of round and rubbing on the large gear. I envisioned that this would cause excessive friction and the spinning mass would add to vibration.

I tried to call Joel and Sean but no luck. When you call the phone system makes you state your name and if they chose to accept the call, it would be transferred to their phone. Pre sales calls always went through. Post sales calls never did. I had my wife call but they ignored the call as well- must have caller ID??? So 4 voice mails and 2 emails- rather polite ones at that- were never returned. This was pre installation I must add. My question was, "this doesn't' seem right to me and before installation and further complication any warranty exchange, I would just like to get their feedback".

No response so I threw it on. Wow it shook like crazy. I tried to make the best of it but i sheared a rear mount the first day. Drilled, tapped and fixed. Lost the muffler bolts the next day. OK I can deal with problems. Later in the week, it shook the chain right off the sprocket while my friend was riding it. The chain got stuck between the rear sprocket and the frame and brought everything to a standstill. The sudden pressures ripped the front mounting bracket clean of taking the metal around the bolt holes with it. My friend felt horrible and insisted on ordering a new kit for me.

The second kit- still a Grubee from another vendor- was factory sealed and the piston was completely clean. I can deduct that I was sold a used engine the first time around. Not necessarily a ridden to death engine but one that obviously been used for a bit until it was realized that it had a horrible vibration problem. I am quite disappointed in the lack of service from 888-KIT-BIKE/BikeMotorKit. I am disappointed in myself that I tried to give them business. Not only will they not get my business but now I feel obligated to warn others about dealing with them.

In hindsight its pretty comical that they offer a 60 day warranty yet don't respond to any concerns. I wonder if they have ever fulfilled a warranty claim.
Reminds me of Tommy Boy:
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of sh!t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
deverou sells Grubee now?

My very first engine was a generic 67cc deverou ebay special (not a grubee). Had some issues that I fixed, but the engine still pulls strong after a lot of abuse. I have zero expectations for quality, other than the POS start.....

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
They carry the Grubee Starfire Gt4 66cc in addition to their in house Stinger 'brand'. I ordered directly from them on the phone but looking around I notice that they are also 'devrou' on ebay. Contact information for 888-Kit-Bike is [email protected].

I just sent another email to let them know i have posted vendor feedback.

FYI-Pablo/Ghost0 (SBP)- you guys are awesome! I have had great email support and phone conversation for both pre sales and post sales questions. I have also had great luck with Duane from ThatsDax.

geeksquid

Feb 14, 2008
Be aware that Bryan Semones of Revolutioncycles is still in business and has got a new domain name and is still offering MB items for sale. His site is presently Motorized Bicycle Engine Kits & Parts REVOLUTION CYCLES and he's still operating in Tucson. I heard he escaped to Mexico for awhile but he's still lurking.
WHOIS:
Domain Name: ENGINEKITPARTS.COM
Created on: 21-May-09
Expires on: 21-May-11
Last Updated on: 21-May-09

Administrative Contact:
Semones, Bryan
RedBat
4615 E Pima St.
Tucson, Arizona 85712
United States
(520) 203-9105

Deadend

Aug 19, 2009
ca
Vendor Review : Master Lowrider (Ocolo Fl.)

Heres a quick review of my experience with :

Master Lowrider ( OUR HOME PAGE ( FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER 120.00) )

*i am in no way affiliated or related to the owners or the business - plus i live on the opposite coast :lol: *

On sept 1st, I purchased their "26inch Fantasy Stretch Cruiser Frame ( 178$) " and a "Brown Leather Beach Cruiser Seat (39.49)"

The site clearly stated : 5-7 business day processing - which is fine for a small shop like this, plus I still had a ton of other leg work to do (like find a 1" steer tube for my downhill forks) so free shipping with a small wait still sounded good.

September 12th. The frame arrives - its painted the hideous neon teal blue i ordered (i was going to be sandblasting it anyway, so color didn't matter ) and it was in great condition so I was stoked. But the ship label said 1 of 1. The manufacturer of the of frame was on the box ( some place in CA? ) so if figured, like a lot of internet shops, the Masterlowrider was a middle man distributor and the seat was simply purchased and shipped from an entirely different wholesaler - nothing new here

September 16th rolls around and still no seat. I contact Masterlowrider (had to leave a message). No repsonse for 24hrs. I was getting a little frustrated. I open up paypal and enter a "Item not as described / wrong quantity" dispute - and shortly there after I get an email from someone (id assume the owner) of Masterlowrider apologizing for the mistake and mentioned he had his phone stolen a day or so ago - I respond with "no worries just go ahead and refund the money, shipping takes a long while so ill just find another seat"

They respond with "No don't worry about that, we will get you the seat by the end of the week" - this was sept 17th (a thursday).

it was about 11am PST

Friday evening (sept 18th) i had my seat (its so f****ing sweet lol ) at my door step - they overnighted it :clap:

So my overall opinion is : While the shipping initially lags AND they made a mistake - I really respect the fact they admitted the error and bit the shipping cost bullet to make a customer happy. I will definitely buy from them again and they are a great vendor!!! dnut

-Deads

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Re: Vendor Review : Master Lowrider (Ocolo Fl.)

Odds are he is just selling the frames directly from the manufacturer and that's why the long lead time BUT having a seat overnighted coast to coast that had to cost double what the seat price was . That's some service!!! :wow:

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
need a local dealer

Yesterday a lady backed into my mb and the only damage is my clutch lever is gonna break , so my guestion is, is there a dealer local to the Burbank Ca. area that I can do a "will call "or a retail dealer I can walk into?Thanks Bob

Thunder

Nov 20, 2009
Washington State
Another Pirate Cycle Fan

As a newbie (still gathering parts for my 1st build) I have dealt with 3 gas bike parts merchants and I have to say that Pirate Cycles is the best! They are friendly and knowledgeable, ship product fast (and well packaged); in short, I can't think of anything I could do to improve on their service.

I hope to become a more active member in the future but wanted to give a plug for the "good guys" (I know, I am echoing what a lot of others have posted).

Last edited:

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
I also have purchased a couple of motors from Pirate Cycles.

I cannot even put into words how great the service is.

Justin at Pirate Cycles has a very good thing going.
When i started to see him spending allmost as much time around here as myself i realized this is more than a buisness for him.
It is an addictive passion.

All of my e-mail and every phone call i ever made were answered promptly.
Before and after any sale.
Including late nights and sundays.
Most days you can chat with him in the chatbox.

Justin has also helped me with parts ....Even though alot of the parts aren't listed he dose sell them.

He is also working hard to carry parts and equipment that we may be interested in.
He has nitrous and other cool stuff including Manic Mechanic "Jim"

My motors are powerful and runs great.

I plan on doing alot of buisness in the future with Pirate Cycles.
I rate Pirate Cycles at the top.

Keep an eye out for the PCP.
Pirate Cycles Possee