Manic Mechanic motor mount?

GoldenMotor.com

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Any thoughts on the manic mechanic motor mount? I keep snapping my seat tube shafts in the motor block, this is becoming a problem, so I am wondering first if the manic mechanic motor mount will help, second does the mount raise the motor, therefore reduce space for the engine to clear the secondary top tube, and lastly where can I order one since Manic does not take any more retail orders. Any other info reguarding motor mount issues welcome. Thanks!:-||

Attachments

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Looks like you are running an extended front mount. I had the same problem on one of my cruisers, seems like to offset torsional loading (shear actually) the motor needs the cradling of the down tube, I kept breaking studs over and over, I guess Jims mount should help, I changed bikes that the motor would fit in better. I see some fine builds with all sort's of mount extentions and wonder HOW does that hold... Maybe I ride too hard, am too fat, go up hills that are too big... I know my motor just makes too much HP!!LOL Man a top mount head would be nice, but would probably open a can of resonance worms. Hope that helped.

Mac

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If you keep breaking the rear engine studs, you're probably over torquing the bolts & the front probably isn't solidly mounted either.

& don't hold your breath for Jim (Manic Mechanic) to produce those mounts... :(

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
has anyone used several door hinges with bolts where the hinge pins go (to lock them in position)and u bolts to the frame,,,,they would adapt to any angle and be heavy steel to boot,,drawing it on paper allowed front and rear angle changes and solid face mounting to the small motor mount bosses molded on the engine,,another thought on this is are the mounts big enough to drill through from the top and use quality bolts all the way through with nuts and lock washers against a solid steel plate from the other side

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
If you keep breaking the rear engine studs, you're probably over torquing the bolts & the front probably isn't solidly mounted either.

& don't hold your breath for Jim (Manic Mechanic) to produce those mounts... :(
I think your may be right about over torquing the seat tube nuts, however the front mount is definitly mounted as solid as anybodys! Any ideas of a better way to mount the seat tube half of the motor?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I was thinking removing the little studs and drilling side ways through the mount and bolting from the side all the way through with a steel plate on the other side with matching holes to tighten the nots against,sqeezing the oririnal mount between them

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I had a credit with MM for a mount,Last week I called the order in.I spoke to a very nice lady gave her all the sizes, etc she said about 2 weeks.

Cheers
chainmaker

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
LMFAO .... Yeah I know....I know others experience with the waits..but ya never know. Im still working on my bike not ready for motor yet. So I figured Id give it a shot. Looking for a back up plan anyone know somone else who sells a mount that doesnt look like muffler clamps. Im dumping alot of money in this bike and those ugly mounts will drive me insane..thats all I will see when I look at the bike

Cheers
Chainmaker

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
lol at least they respond to e-mails though, even if what they tell you is a little odd.

e-mailed about getting a 40T sprocket for the CB-110 adapter, and was told it was on order. "Check back every week or so". Now, they don't even have the adapters in stock anymore.

I'm sure they're great when they come out though...

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Cool..Will do. Glad I posted tonight, I thought I gave her all the info, but I could be mistaken. Looking forward to this mount.
Cheers
Chainmaker

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
The mount fits like a glove. I just got a couple frames, are You still making these ? Your site says available through Pirates Exclusively but the mounts are not listed there.
Cheers