first time builder

GoldenMotor.com

dBoddah

May 10, 2014
Edmonton
hey everyone. just joined to seek the wealth of your experience. building my first motorized bike out of a 2013 felt MP and needed help with if a flying horse 66cc's chain will clear the 2.125 wheels. now to find a related thread to post my questions. searched all over and have learned a lot but i still have many questions. glad to have found this forum.

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
Welcome to the club! In my humble opinion, THE best resource to be found for knowledge of motorized bicycles of any sort. Lots of great people here.

Depends on the frame, and motor mounts really. I used the same engine on an OCC bike with a huge back tire. It cleared fine, but the motor mount had to be built with that in mind.

Last edited:

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
You're welcome. We were all newbies once. :) Keep us up to speed on the development of the ride, and check the search function if you get lost. If you can't find what you need there, just ask. The more knowledgable folks will usually check in on your progress and lend a tip.

r.ly.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. In general, a 26x2 is the fattest tire you can run without chain interference unless you offset mount the engine. You could replace the rear tire with a 26x2 and keep the original back tire for a spare front tire.

dBoddah

May 10, 2014
Edmonton
yeah, it seems like a popular build. searching and reading all those is what lead me to join the forum. very thankful for the insights already. will be doing more research as the build progresses and this is the best place i've found to do that. thanks all

Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for help and advice to get you and your first motorized bicycle on the road.
We're always here if you run into problems.
I typed 'Felt MP' into the Search Feature and came up with a lot of reading on that particular bike. maybe some of it will be helpful to you.
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...273&ss=2625j1259373j9#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Felt MP

Tom