90cc 2 strke cyclinder and piston kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I just saw this thread... The fastest Mo-Fo I've ever seen on a HT powered bicycle is Baird... from what he's claimed, he's done 62 MPH on a HT powered bike. (I don't know if it's true or not)?; but I do know that he's the fastest I've ever seen on our So-Cal rides!
So all these claims (& dreams) of 80 MPH are just stoopid! & just to be clear... DOWN HILL DOESN'T COUNT! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I just saw this thread... The fastest Mo-Fo I've ever seen on a HT powered bicycle is Baird... from what he's claimed, he's done 62 MPH on a HT powered bike. (I don't know if it's true or not)?; but I do know that he's the fastest I've ever seen on our So-Cal rides!
So all these claims (& dreams) of 80 MPH are just stoopid! & just to be clear... DOWN HILL DOESN'T COUNT! :rolleyes:
this is exactly what I am trying to say.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
bigbutter..

no what you do not understand you can gear either for power or for speed you can not get both. If you can get 80mph from less than a 1/2 horsepower motor ""human power"" then in the right Bicycle aka STREAMLINER then its more then possible BUT it will not be able to climb any any sort of incline. Riding an upright bike aka a cranbrook is like pushing a barndoor through the wind compared to a lowracer recumbent. Maybe some time in a windtunnel will help you understand this concept.
not sure what this has to do with an ht engine doing eighty.......? but anyway, torque is needed for acceleration, regardless if its human power or engine power. the taller the gearing, the more torque is needed for acceleration. this is why it takes these riders 5 miles to achieve the speed of 80mph when pedaling.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
with the right Bicycle its not only possible but very doable

but NOT on a Cranbrook or any other upright diamond frame bicycle

one like this on human power alone NOT down hill on dead flat roads went 83 plus

get the picture?

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
with the right Bicycle its not only possible but very doable

but NOT on a Cranbrook or any other upright diamond frame bicycle

one like this on human power alone NOT down hill on dead flat roads went 83 plus

get the picture?
well no duh. yet again, people are misunderstanding what I am saying. I NEVR said a cranbrook or any diamond frame bike could do 80 under pedal power. with the right powerplant, i am sure a motorized bicycle could get to 80. but we are talking in the realm of an 11hp liquid cooled morini with proper gearing. it is possible. if you consider the fact that at my current gearing i do about 30, and a morini does about twice the rpm of an ht, maybe a little less, so 50 or 60mph is easily achievable with a morini at a similar or slightly taller gear ratio than an ht. so if you used a 30t with a morini, i bet you could do close to 80. motorcycles are nowhere near as streamlined as velomobiles, and you can do 100mph easy on the right motorcycle. so take a regular bicycle (no cranbrook for a morini, but maybe an old american made schwinn or similar) change the riding position a little if necessary, and with the right gearing and rpm, no reason a bicycle couldnt get close to 80. even if you had to custom build a frame to fit a big enough engine, still possible. but an upright-ridden bicycle is never going to do 80 on pedal power alone.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
50cc upright motorcycle land speed record is 69mph for unfaired
faired speedster record in unlimited class is well over 130mph

I think that should explain the areodynamics very well
these records were made at the bonnivlle salt flats

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
50cc upright motorcycle land speed record is 69mph for unfaired
faired speedster record in unlimited class is well over 130mph

I think that should explain the areodynamics very well
these records were made at the bonnivlle salt flats
umm, ok, but thats 50cc. there are engines much larger than 50cc that can fit in a bicycle. scotto has a 212cc engine on his bike. probably the best solution would be an engine that can take a cvt, and use the right size pulleys. the force behind an object can compensate for aerodynamics to a degree. if it couldnt, everything would move at the same speed. regardless of the force behind it i am sure that there are engines that can fit in bicycles capable of 12k or 14k rpm. my engine does about 7k, and i have a 44t rear. if i doubled my rpm, i could probably almost double my speed with the same gear ratio. there are ways to make upright bicycles and riders more aerodynamic as well. so with the right size engine, rpm, gearing, and aerodynamics, a motorized bicycle could EASILY do 80. if you think differently, than youre just overcomplicating things and placing more emphasis on aerodynamics than force.

Haughnph

Nov 6, 2011
El Paso
This Baird I would like to check his set up sometime.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
haughnpgh, good luck with your speed goal, and i mean that sincerely. if you do hit 80, that would be pretty cool. I realized that im no expert at anything, so im no one to tell anyone what they can or cant achieve.