trying to fill the board track void in beantown

GoldenMotor.com

gestalt

Feb 18, 2011
MA
my name is Elias and I have a couple of builds under my belt so far, one beach cruiser and one OC chopper bicycle conversion. here is my first bike

now I'm starting a build using a worksman newsboy which seem to be very popular here . what I need to know is there any way to use a gebe belt drive rear wheel ring and belt with a chinese in frame 2-stroke kit like the one I have on this bike

I guess the real question would be is there a belt drive sprocket available that will fit in there as a drop in replacement of the chain drive sprocket. would it make more sense to have a short chain go from the engine to a jack shaft and then go to the rear wheel drive ring?

I'm doing a worksman newsboy conversion and want to keep with that board tracker look and I think that the gebe weed wacker looking engines just wont do for the look I'm going for.

I have a shop that we call the slaughterhouse, I have a welder, drill press, various metal working and bicycle tools.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum.
You'll get plenty of help with your project. Just give it few hours.
I don't know of any direct replacement belt drive conversions currently available. I think it's going to be a self fabricated conversion. But as I said, you'll see more responses so just hang on. Someone might be able to steer you in the right direction.
Tom

gestalt

Feb 18, 2011
MA
Yeah, you can't beat the choppersus.com $20 leather saddle. It sur as **** isn't a brooks, but at that price point I can be forgiving. They have a real cool one for twice as much that is longer and has the nice hairpin spring in the front. I'm tempted to use it with this new build.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Welcome to the forum... there are a few guys here from Ma. It would be cool to get a group ride going when the weather warms up a bit.

Cheers

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If you do want to go with the larger hairpin seat you described I have one sitting around doing nothing Id let go for cheap cheap!!
Cheers

gestalt

Feb 18, 2011
MA
A definitive yes on both fronts! It was some great riding yesterday with those sixty degree temperatures. I know that a friend of mine from MIT is trying to organize a scooter/motored bike cannonball run for the late spring from Boston to p-town. The idea would be to have the race, camp out, then a big group ride back to Boston the next day.