Gas tank options

GoldenMotor.com

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
I have a Dyno and would like to find a gas tank that is more unique than the standard one that comes with the engine kits. Can someone recommend a source? Thanks

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Any motorcycle tank that you can modify and fit on your bike will do it. Look at tanks from smaller dirtbikes. As long as it will hold fuel and you can attatch it to your motorized bicycle, it will work.

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
This photo shows a tank from a General Moped. I believe its the same tank that Deringer Cycles for their bikes. There is an outfit called Handy Bikes that has this tank available as well as a slightly different tank that was for their 5 Star step thru mopeds. The tanks are only $50.00 but you will have to source your own gas cap and petcock. Handy Bikes USA - The largest distributor or vintage moped parts in the USA! If you want to see additional photos of the two tanks go to the photo galleries at mopedarmy.com Moped Army - Swarm and Destroy click on General The step thru tank can also be seen under the Clinton and Julie galleries

ocscully

Attachments

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Want a Uniqe tank? Make It. it takes time but isnt rocket science. Epoxy Resin, fiberglass, foam...All Home Depot Items..
Heres Mine:

Mobile Uploads pictures by Reimoncoh - Photobucket

Pictures by Reimoncoh - Photobucket
Poeple have been having trouble with fiberglass tanks used with ethenol gas.
The ethenol dissolves the resin, releasing fiberglass strands enough to clog fuel filters. The ultralight and boating communities have mostly stopped using them. Some have had satisfactory results using a good tank sealer.
Now they're talking about bumping up ethenol in gas to 15%. Tank sealer might not work well with that mix.

rat bike

Dec 2, 2010
california
hey everyone i have been reading this post and if anyone is intrested in custom tanks i would like to try having someone with a template or cardboard mock up of the tank sent to me and then i can build off of that. realistically if what is sent to me is exactly what you want i can build it, then send it back to you to give it a fit and bang custom tank. now i know there may issues with mounting but thats why i would send it back for the fit test to make sure that problem dosent occur. then ounce i get it back the proper adjustments can be made and again bang custom tank. another thing is that if you live in california you are in like flint. basically what im saying here is that if you can imagine it we can build it and not just tanks, frames, parts complete bikes, customs, you name it. if anyone is intrested hit me up by message then ill shoot you a number then we can bs about it on the phone. PEACE OUT RAT.wee.

rat bike

Dec 2, 2010
california
oh almost forgot if you want to see some of the tanks built search rat bike and there is some pics of a few of the tanks built by us

rat bike

Dec 2, 2010
california
sorry no site yet dan im thinkin about doin that on facebook for now, but i do have pics up on another post. so what do you think? do you think its possible? i know i can build what i have in front of me but i wonder if its possible for others to make me a model. is there any threads that explain how to mock up a tank or do you think i should start my own.

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Our very own Fundreamer is doing some cool custom stuff for sale.

http://motorbicycling.com/f23/custom-fuel-tanks-coming-soon-26125.html
Well thanks for the endorsement Dan, I have received an order for an in frame tank today and although I haven't been able to post pictures yet like I have wanted to, this will be started tomorrow, I have already worked out the paper work and will be posting some pictures in a couple of days. I finally found a decent source for the bung and cap, so now I can go forward with some work!
(^)