Hello from Northern Maine!

GoldenMotor.com

Bikerbob

Mar 14, 2010
Maine
Hi gang! I've been browsing the forum for quite some time. Lots of great info, tricks, tips do's, and don'ts. My current project is a Nirve Street King 3 speed. It will be powered by a 66cc Skyhawk with modifications such as Jims billet head, Dellorto carb, SBP shift kit and a stronger rear hub just to name a few. I've owned a lathe for about 15 years now, so fabrication is nothing new for me. I'm not looking to build a rocket ship, just something for cruising comfortably around town. If I feel like kicking butt, all I have to do is hop on my 1200 Sportster! I've been bitten by the MB bug ever since I came across this forum by accident. Cool stuff!

Bob

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
how far north bob. my wife and i met in presque where she is from and we met while i was stationed at loring afb back int he 70's. glad to have you with us

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
my boss lived in ft kent. bill plourde. big guy with combined insurance company. imagine you got your bike down at plourdes harley. and yes its a small world for sure. we left main in 82 and lived all over the place. i know live in the caribbean and have to be honest with you i do not miss those maine winters lol

Bikerbob

Mar 14, 2010
Maine
I know Bill Plourde. His wife is my friends' sister. Her maiden name is Lebel. And yes I got my harley at Plourds in 1994. Winters sure do suck up here....toooo long!

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Bob I know that country, I was at Loring from 1969 to 1973. Like Paul I don't miss the winters although I had a lot of fun playing in the snow with an old Skidoo. Welcome.

Last edited:

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Welcome to the forum.
Horaaaa another Mainer!, I'm from down midcoast, Durham. Nice country, I rode all winter, really get looks then!!

Mac