removed clutch cover

GoldenMotor.com

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
what if i cut a hole in my clutch cover so i could access the clutch with out removing the cover? im running a shift kit and its not easy to get to the clutch. or what if i took off the cover and left it off, would that be a problem? it seem like the clutch would run cooler with the cover off and wear slower because its cooler. or maybe it wont heat up like it needs to, to grab properly? what do you think?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Another option is to tool the fastener tabs on the clutch cover down so you can reverse the three fasteners it shares with the shiftkit, it's in the instructions as an "optional" modification.

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
i rode my bike around today with the cover off. i dont see any negatives, other then you can hear the clutch alittle more. but thats not really a bad thing. some clutch dust builds up at the bottom of the case but now its easyer to clean out and can be cleaned more regularly.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I've seen one w/holes drilled all over it,,,w/it off ,don't get your leg tn the gear,,,,w/ a hole you could stick a anti viaibration pad over the hole,,,,The hole for easy adjustment sounds like an idea,I like it

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
i rode my bike around today with the cover off. i dont see any negatives, other then you can hear the clutch alittle more. but thats not really a bad thing. some clutch dust builds up at the bottom of the case but now its easyer to clean out and can be cleaned more regularly.
<thought bubble appears above head>

-Pants cuff gets caught up in the gears locking up the motor
-bike and rider sliding sideways down the road still upright with back wheel locked up
-rider tossed off the highside as the bike goes down
-flying face plant into the asphalt
-ambulance coming
-etc. etc...

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
i might put it back on. going to try "the other way". it sounded harder the first time i was putting it together but now it does not seem that hard to do.