converting 7 speed schiwn riverside to single speed, need help

GoldenMotor.com

aspireonescs

Jan 4, 2010
Saint Marys county, Maryland
hi all i broke my rear derailer/ gear selecter when i wiped out on my bike (befor i put the motor on) so now i have it removed and just have the chain coming from the pedal sprocket to the 4th gear on the rear gear cluster? im trying to figure out how to convert it to single speed in the cheapest way. right now my chain is super tight as the tensioner and gear selecter is removed, as it is broken. so now when im using the motor the pedals like to move a little bit, not much but it is annoying, i think it has somthing to do with how tight my bike chain is?, which is causing the freewheels to be too tight? so please throw me some suggestions/ links i dunno if it has a casset freewheel or threaded. agian its a schiwn riverside

aspireonescs

Jan 4, 2010
Saint Marys county, Maryland
i already remover the derailer, as it is compleatly trashed, i did shorten the chain however it is wayy too tight. and if i add one more link its too long and the chain slips off the gear. also when i wiped out the rear dropout? where the derailer was attached was bent and im not sure what angle ect to re bend it too so im not sure how ill be able to attach a derailer/ tensioner to it. ill post some pictuers as soon as i get home and find some batteries for my camera. thanks all for the links.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Take your wheel to a bike shop, ask for a single speed conversion kit yeh. kit consists of a single gear (16,17,18,19tooth) and spacers cost ya 10-15bucks. that is what you asked