Service from ThatsDax

GoldenMotor.com

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I ordered a new piston jug rings gaskets from ThatsDax on the 6th. They got here today on the 10th perfectly packed. Exellent speed and service. Thanks ThatsDax..

jay sawdust

Aug 11, 2009
kauai,hawaii
I havent ordered a motor yet...from thatsdax....but ive ordered many parts and was always pleased with the speed at wich i recived the items....and being in hawaii...its important that companys know how to ship here....it can easily get stuck on the proverbial slow boat......MAHALO ..Duane

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Well unfortunately the piston I got the hole for the wrist pin is too big for my wrist pin and upper needle bearing. Which means it's either for a old motor with a bushing or I have to get one from Zoom. Now it's to late to contact them and tomarrow is Sunday. I am way to addicted to this. Been without a motor for almost a week and I am jonesing so bad for my bike. This is just dumb.

PS Just got a return email from Dax this is the only piston they carry so I guess I do have to order one from zoom. Rats, dang, shoot, fooey, blah blah blah.

PPS So I just ordered a new piston from Zoom w/shipping $21.45. (that included a $2 discount coupon) That means I am now a little over $72 into a new top end. I could have bought a complete motor w/shipping from Dax for $104 Somebody -please kick me...

Last edited:

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I guess the good news is for those interested. The Dax type D 80's have a larger wrist pin. Which means it will last longer because of the larger bearing surface. At least I learned something. I knew I should have just ordered a motor. gurrrrr

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Is part of the fun, the learning and is always good to have spare parts. They always come in handy down the road even if they go to a buddy who is stuck with no wheels and needs some odd or end. (Which always seems to happen on week-ends)

Know what you mean about the "MB Jones" Junster. All mine are down and running out of ridding weather.

Hang in there.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Thanks Dan, i have the new UPS tracking number my new piston will be here friday. I'm getting bored with cleaning and repainting parts.