californian cruisin

GoldenMotor.com

jasemcjasen

Feb 17, 2014
california
hey there guys, my names jasen and im from southern california(north OC) and am going to build myself a motorized bike when i get enough money for an engine and whatnot. i have been messing around with bikes throughout my high school and am now in my first year of college. im looking to get a motorized bike for the MPG (i drive a 73 dodge b100 van) and the convenience of not having to start my van up to go short distances. my hobbies include surfing skating playing music and also sewing. i am in the midst of starting up a little custom bong bag project in which i will make customized bong bags for people as well as pipe bags and other bags and stuff. i will be starting my first build soon on either a beach cruiser, or a nice street fixed gear frame i already have, but we will see if the engine will fit in the frame or not. this is a pic of my van

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum Jasen, owning full-sized Ford vans all my life is really what kinda got me building these motorized bicycles. My last van was a Ford E-350 with a 460ci. that was driving me into the poor house......enter motorized bicycles and small engines on two wheels in general.

Have fun with your build and prepare yourself for what may become a new addiction......seriously!

dnut

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the world of motorized bicycles, you will not only find that you save a lot on gas but you will have a good time while at it, great to have you with us

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Welcome,
I like the beach cruiser too and I suppose it suits that California vibe.
I'd probably build one if I could find a cheap enough frame locally as it seems well suited.