Should I trade my 1995 Clear creek Schwinn for this

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
ID BUY THAT BIKE IN A MINUTE HOWEVER MY WIFE IS HAVING SOME SERIOUS EYE ISSUES THAT HAVE GOTTEN QUITE COSTLY OUT OF POCKET.

WHILST I'M HERE IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN A BRAND NEW FILA M/B MOTORIZED BICYCLE $320 BUY'S IT MOTOR HAS LESS THAN 1/2 HOUR ON IT NO WHERE NEAR BROKEN IN YET... I hope i'm allowed to post this here i.m not advertising for any company nor do i sell these often just need to sell this one.Is 320 DEAL / CONSIDERING THE BIKE WAS 4 BILLSWHEN IT WAS NEW IM GUESSING SO

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
YEA I ENJOYED IT RIGHT UP TILL I BROKE MY BACK AND GOT DIAGNOSED WITH C.O.P.D.
sad thing is I cant do it any longer.
oh yea Ii spent plenty of time down there to enjoy the food stuff like real enchilada's ,burritos , menudo. good food
Dang man sorry to hear about the heath issues, hope things are better for you now....
Yeah on the food subject, we have the genuine good stuff and we have some places around that are just want to be mexican food joints, but its like anything else with cooking, everyone has there own version of the same dish and then it just comes down to prefference which one each person thinks is the best version.....lol!

I personally like the small hole in the wall places that dont look to fancy, many of them cook what they grew up eating and thats usually mommas version of the home cooking way, I test each restaurant based on their enchiladas, a dry flavorless enchilada plate and I know right straight this aint gonna be a good one, in my opinion if the food isn't very seasoned and a bit greasy and moist it aint real mexican cooking.

That bike you showed here is a very clean looking bike, I'll bet you put an add out localy and you'll get some hits on that and probably get it sold, best wishes for the wife and here eye issues as well jumpa, hope she's better soon.

Peace, map

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Thanks Map.. you know I told her not to back talk but she wouldn't listen so crack !! LOL JK I'm not that guy. It is what it is I pray every day she gets better!! .

I hear ya about the enchilada's I know exactly what your talking about after you peel off the corn husk you can tell right away.As you, I also like the greasy not dried out ones.

Now up here we have Steamers and Lobsters and Rock crab, Blue crab "same as the ones down there" and OMG the delicacy of Cape Cod scallops these bad boys are soooo sweet they sell for over $30 bucks a pound. When ever we have a clam bake we all hit the beach dig a big ass hole start a fire .. a big fire when all the wood burns down we fill it with boulders about the size of basket balls to softball size.

We then build another fire on top of that then when that dies out we get trash barrels full of a certain kind of seaweed, we lay it over the hot rocks then put the steamers lobsters on that then cover that with more seaweed then some cheese cloth dump couple beers on the lot of it ,this causes mass amounts of steam then cover it all with the sand we dug out every one hangs out at the beach for several hours then we dig it up and feast OMG is it good !!!
Thats what we call a traditional New England Clam bake some guys toss sausages ligusa potatoes all kinds of stuff hot dogs you name it just don't put any of that stuff on top of my scallops clams and lobster and we will be fine!

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks Map.. you know I told her not to back talk but she wouldn't listen so crack !! LOL JK I'm not that guy. It is what it is I pray every day she gets better!! .

I hear ya about the enchilada's I know exactly what your talking about after you peel off the corn husk you can tell right away.As you, I also like the greasy not dried out ones.

Now up here we have Steamers and Lobsters and Rock crab, Blue crab "same as the ones down there" and OMG the delicacy of Cape Cod scallops these bad boys are soooo sweet they sell for over $30 bucks a pound. When ever we have a clam bake we all hit the beach dig a big ass hole start a fire .. a big fire when all the wood burns down we fill it with boulders about the size of basket balls to softball size.

We then build another fire on top of that then when that dies out we get trash barrels full of a certain kind of seaweed, we lay it over the hot rocks then put the steamers lobsters on that then cover that with more seaweed then some cheese cloth dump couple beers on the lot of it ,this causes mass amounts of steam then cover it all with the sand we dug out every one hangs out at the beach for several hours then we dig it up and feast OMG is it good !!!
Thats what we call a traditional New England Clam bake some guys toss sausages ligusa potatoes all kinds of stuff hot dogs you name it just don't put any of that stuff on top of my scallops clams and lobster and we will be fine!
wow...sounds so good... my wife and I love good sea food.... dont get much of it here in central Texas, we eat ourselves almost sick when we go down to South Padre Island though, fresh Gulf oysters, shrimp and fresh Red fish Fillets and of coarse some Blue Crab, we found a little hole in the wall place down there called " Dirty Al's " and it is some of the best Fried Oysters we ever popped our lips on.......

My wife lived in Alaska for 2 years and she still talks about the quality of the sea food up there also.

Would love to travel up north and get to enjoy some of the great sea food you guys in the north east have up there some day, hard for a working man to do those things now days, never enough time.

Map

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
OH YEA I FORGOT TO MENTION THE OYSTERS I LOVVVVE THEM i GRE UP EATING THEM RAW A fond memory of my father and I is when we would sit down with a orange burlap bag full of them, him my brother and I would sit there watching a Muhammad Ali fight while slurping on raw oysters they are what I call ''the taste of the sea'' when eaten raw.
Up here in the cool Atlantic waters they come out of the ocean with a healthy almost green colored shell. They can be a S.O.B. to open over if they figure out what your doing to them, so ya gotta kinda sneak up on them when shucking them the years though you develop a skill to get them open quick and wil minimal effort it's all i nte wrist in the many i've shucked in my life i've never found an oyster with a pearl in it.

My mouth is watering thinking about them right noW .Did you know back in the late 1700's early 1800's the prisoners were fed lobster and clams and oysters they were considered food for the poor and undesirable because they were so abundantly available. I'm gonna have to go dig some up now you lit the fire Map.

oh no I'm not going to any such thing i just remembered WE can only get them ''eat them raw'' in months that have an 'R'' in the name So nothing till September'' THEY GET way to Warm in the summer months and a certain kind of bac.T. grows in them thats isnt good for us humans it turns the oyster juice kind of milky.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
OH YEA I FORGOT TO MENTION THE OYSTERS I LOVVVVE THEM i GRE UP EATING THEM RAW A fond memory of my father and I is when we would sit down with a orange burlap bag full of them, him my brother and I would sit there watching a Muhammad Ali fight while slurping on raw oysters they are what I call ''the taste of the sea'' when eaten raw.
Up here in the cool Atlantic waters they come out of the ocean with a healthy almost green colored shell. They can be a S.O.B. to open over if they figure out what your doing to them, so ya gotta kinda sneak up on them when shucking them the years though you develop a skill to get them open quick and wil minimal effort it's all i nte wrist in the many i've shucked in my life i've never found an oyster with a pearl in it.

My mouth is watering thinking about them right noW .Did you know back in the late 1700's early 1800's the prisoners were fed lobster and clams and oysters they were considered food for the poor and undesirable because they were so abundantly available. I'm gonna have to go dig some up now you lit the fire Map.

oh no I'm not going to any such thing i just remembered WE can only get them ''eat them raw'' in months that have an 'R'' in the name So nothing till September'' THEY GET way to Warm in the summer months and a certain kind of bac.T. grows in them thats isnt good for us humans it turns the oyster juice kind of milky.

My wife like them raw, but being form the deep south I was raised eating them fried up like we do about everything down here as you can probably remember.....LOL! I would eat them raw with some hot sauce if I had some good ones to try but around here sea food is rarely found fresh, there used to be some locals that would make a trip down to the coast and buy a bunch of fresh oysters, large brown gulf shrimp and some red snapper fish and bring it up on ice and sell in on side of road, but I haven't seen anyone do that around here since I was in my teens or early 20's, probably not worth the trip with gas being so high now days.

Map

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Ok I got this Western Flyer today and kept my Schwinn as well today . One thing I seem to be noticing the guy that sold it to me was a nice older gent he said the bike was made in England however everything On it is saying made in U.S.A, from the New Departure Hubs to the Cordovan Deluxe front"FAT" tire, to the LOBDELL alma mich usa seat. For a bike supposedly made in England there sure are a lot of U.S.A. parts on her!! I haven't even heard of any of these parts before today are they cheap parts from back in the day?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
That New Departure hub came standard on Chicago Schwinn's. I guess it depends on the context of the word "cheap". Back when things were made in America, cheap didnt mean crappy. I've heard of Cordovan tires, but dont know where they came from. The seat I couldn't tell you about. But if they are made in america, they are probably a lot better than today's China made crap.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I need some opinions before I do anything on this bike , I recieved a black kit black motor etc chrome pipe which was supose to be black ...not sure what happened there any how I cant decide if I should leave this paint alone and just throw the kit on the bike then sell it of if I should do my original idea and go all black, Now I'm thinking about a dark blue or midnight blue like my Bad Azz 73 SS Nova I had. OH BTW does any one have a 26" by 2.125 kickin g around in their garage I'll trade ya a for a 26"X 2.125 White wall GT tire

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I need some opinions before I do anything on this bike , I recieved a black kit black motor etc chrome pipe which was supose to be black ...not sure what happened there any how I cant decide if I should leave this paint alone and just throw the kit on the bike then sell it of if I should do my original idea and go all black, Now I'm thinking about a dark blue or midnight blue like my Bad Azz 73 SS Nova I had. OH BTW does any one have a 26" by 2.125 kickin g around in their garage I'll trade ya a for a 26"X 2.125 White wall GT tire

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Would love to travel up north and get to enjoy some of the great sea food you guys in the north east have up there some day, hard for a working man to do those things now days, never enough time.

Map
I'll tell ya Map If I had some extra loot, Id mail you down a feast bro!! Every one should try a a clam/ lobster boil at least once, and it is much easier in the kitchen than it is at a traditional Clam bake!

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I see another issue My rear hub is a "THE MUSSELMAN HUB-BRAKE CLEVELAND OHIO" looks way to large to fit the stock Elsprocketo over........ seems even if I opened up the hole it might run into the bolt holes on the kit sprocket
Hmmm delma

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'll tell ya Map If I had some extra loot, Id mail you down a feast bro!! Every one should try a a clam/ lobster boil at least once, and it is much easier in the kitchen than it is at a traditional Clam bake!
That would be awesome I'm sure, I love both clams and lobster...... who knows maybe some day I'll get a chance to come up that way and enjoy a pile of that stuff, dang all the sudden this bowl of cereal isn't tasting nearly as good...........LOL!
:-||

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I see another issue My rear hub is a "THE MUSSELMAN HUB-BRAKE CLEVELAND OHIO" looks way to large to fit the stock Elsprocketo over........ seems even if I opened up the hole it might run into the bolt holes on the kit sprocket
Hmmm delma
Some pics would be good, you got me curious to what the hub looks like now.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I would leave the paint just like it is if it were mine, looks like the original paint is in good shape for it's age, I like the old classic bike look of the paint that on the bike.

I have a couple of the balloon type white wall tires out in the shop but nothing that wide that isn't a white wall.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I made a sprocket up by using one of the shift kit chain rings that sick bike parts sells, the center hole is much larger than the hole in the kit sprockets, it was just a matter of using the kit sprocket to clamp to the other sprocket get it perfectly centered and drill the rag joint holes.

That may be the answer to your hub being larger than the more modern size we have now days.

Check the sprockets out under the shift kit parts list

Map

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
another odd thing I noticed... On my last kit the rear sprockets 9 hole bolt pattern is much smaller tighter grouped and the bolts are smaller /// Yey I bought it from the same company I was also thinking the motor looks smaller but the head bolt holes line up with the head off my 80/66 CC so that blows the Its a
49 cc out of the water right?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If I remember correctly, some of the stock sprocket couplers/rag joints have had 8mm bolts which I've seen referred to as HD rag joints, but all of mine have been the set ups with the 6mm bolts and sprockets to match.

I've never owned the 48cc/49cc/50cc engines so I can't speak about them much but I have noticed that the jug and head does look smaller in some of the pics I've seen.

here is a photo that I copied form Spooky Tooths web page showing some identification of some of the HT engines, I know this is old and I have an engine that has 6mm studs and it has a 47mm bore, so I know this doesn't represent everything out there but it is interesting just the same.
I know there are fellas on here that know a lot more about the different engines than I do since I have only one engine that isn't a 66cc slant head.