Tons of HT bicycle engines in a warehouse:

GoldenMotor.com

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio
Lots of HT motors here:

I've been in contact with one of the factories that makes the China girls. The sales reps are happy to talk to you and answer some questions but have very limited knowledge of technical issues with the engines. The technical contacts don't answer emails either, so it is hard to get information about them. This is from the "Woodpecker Gasoline Engine Factory" in China. There is another company "Flying Horse Gasoline Engine Factory" to which the contact says is another completely different manufacturer offering the same product.

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio
Re: Tons of HT motors in a warehouse:

One can't stop thinking:
"So that's how they get dinged up."

Thanks for an interesting picture.

Now you got me looking at this:
http://www.zm-bicycleengine.com/
Yes, I've seen pics of motors shipped with cracked covers, probably due to how they are handled in the warehouse. Makes me wonder why they don't have quality control when they put it into the box. It has to be obvious to the person shipping the motor.

Many of these pics can be found by looking up business to business directories from chinese manufacturing. They have search features also. Just type in bicycle motor and you will find the vendors who make the HT motors.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Yep, that's got to be why the fins are always a mess (in addition to inconsistent machining).

I like that this forum is listed on thier "Instructions" page. (^)

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio

Yep, that's got to be why the fins are always a mess (in addition to inconsistent machining).

I like that this forum is listed on thier "Instructions" page. (^)
Hence that is why I am writing a book about motorized bicycling with 2-stroke engines. Seriously, there is no census on who has the right instructions. It is bassackwards, so if someone writes a piece of material on the subject it will become a de facto bible of instruction. I bought a kit from China and shipped with it were some photocopies from a website, that was the instruction manual.

I've illustrated two other technical manuals also so I have a clue how to go about doing it.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Hence that is why I am writing a book about motorized bicycling with 2-stroke engines. Seriously, there is no census on who has the right instructions. It is bassackwards, so if someone writes a piece of material on the subject it will become a de facto bible of instruction. I bought a kit from China and shipped with it were some photocopies from a website, that was the instruction manual.

I've illustrated two other technical manuals also so I have a clue how to go about doing it.

Very cool, glad the job's being done by someone good at that. One of the key things I've learned getting this far in life is to let people better at something than I am do it (and watch and learn if the opportunity is there ;)).
The first kit I installed, I tried to use the instructions as a guide and figured out the rest (my dad's one of those trades-trained guys that can fix anything, I spent a lot of time 'helping' him as a kid). By the time I assembled the second I had a pretty good idea what I did right and what I could have done better from the first, plus the knowledge of this place. Third's on hold, fourth is underway....

Once the machine is assembled, this forum has also been fantastic source for inspiration, advice on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. Thanks for that everyone. (^)

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio

Once the machine is assembled, this forum has also been fantastic source for inspiration, advice on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. Thanks for that everyone. (^)
No doubt about that. I read what others have to say about the quality and workmanship of their engines and builds and compare it with what I have done with no resources but plenty of experience. This sight has definitely made a difference in my opinion of the Chinese Motors.

All in all its a good thing!

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio

Wow that was a short clip! 6 seconds doesn't really justify what they are doing, but its obvious they are tapping in a crankshaft seal into place on the right side (clutch) case. The only improvement I could see is to use a block of wood or a drift punch turned to fit the seal and tap it into place. What's wrong with the assembly method used there? If you put in 100,000 seals I pretty sure you would figure out how to do it fast and cheap. That is the name of the game in China. No one said it is pretty.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

That wasn't even a HT motor in that 6 second clip 2door! Look at the cylinder head! It's a totally different engine. Where did that clip come from anyway?
Yeah, we know. That old vid has been floating around here for years. We all got a kick out of it when it first appeared.

There are some others that actually show an assembly line. Want to see those?

Tom

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio

Actually you are quick to reply, I had edited that and upon pausing it, it just may be an HT motor after all. Cell phone camera definitely, but you cannot see the fins on the cylinder, but you can make out the outline of the clutch area and crankshaft sprocket, where it is supposed to go, and the 6mm studs are a dead giveaway. I called you wrong at first but you may in fact be right about that. Anyway, that old Chinese girl is going to town on hammering that seal in place. It won't get loose, she promises!