opinions from female riders on build

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Grandma

Jun 8, 2011
mission viejo, ca
Ahhh she really is my girl. Hard seat good strong driver and she will smoke the boys.!!!LOL I was looking and I've had her since early June and I have learned alot and still don't know **** except when I'm PMSin shes rollin!!!

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
interesting that two of three the girls on this thread all have crazy in the name... tell you anything? I love the idea of girls riding and have had a few ask if I could help them build one...... But it takes a woman to ride one. So I commend thee for beating the odds

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
hello,
i may not be a girl, but i built myself a happy time bike and my GF wanted one too but shes only 5'4 and she couldent ride such a tall bike (24'' cruiser wit 26'' front fork and wheel)

so i had to think small
also she was afraid of my bike (because it looks so much like a motorbike my guess) and wanted one that wasnt as scary

so i put together one with a 32cc friction drive bmx bike
(soon to be high performance pocket bike powered friction drive)
seen here:
http://motorbicycling.com/f36/easy-friction-drive-scooter-29574.html

notice the springer front end and seat
its also pretty light and solid as a rock, much more relyable then a china girl.imho

:
keep it light
consider the riders height
centrifugal clutch
friction drive relyability
girl it up
suspention

i love riding with my gf
we want to take the motorbikes on the ferry to block island one dayr.ly.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm certainly no female but I can tell you that my GF loves riding on this bike and she doesn't even have to pedal.....

It's certainly a good option

dnut

Last edited:

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
HI! buzzard's LadyG here...
I just fell in LOVE! buzzard just saw a tandem bike on Craig's list and I think I just might go along with that purchase...as long as he puts a motor on it!
Now that's a cooooolll bike!
LadyG

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
HI! buzzard's LadyG here...
I just fell in LOVE! buzzard just saw a tandem bike on Craig's list and I think I just might go along with that purchase...as long as he puts a motor on it!
Now that's a cooooolll bike!
LadyG
Thanks LadyG.......sounds like Buzzard's in for a fun build.....tandems are a gas!

Have fun......

dnut

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Never, ever, under any circumstances 'talk down' to a woman. Even if she's 4' 10". :)

Don't expect her to grasp the mechanics of riding immediately because women's brains work different than men's, (not inferior, just different) but she'll get it eventually. In the interim, encouragement is the keyword. Oh, and comfort. A soft seat and low enough to reach the ground with both feet.
A step through frame is an option too. There have been several very successful step throughs built. See Silver Bear's.
Tom
HAHAHA Tom right you are on both counts. My Tillotson Rep based out of Chicago has a Female sales person that is about 5'4" and an absolutely stunning blonde Canadian girl (who happened to go to HS with Dannika Patrick and dated her brother) working for them and who is also a world class go carter and fuel systems mechanic. She absolutely smoked me after about 10 minutes ride time when we were track testing the Tillies a couple months back on the China Girls...

I have a girl around the corner from me that rides one of my bikes all of the time and is wanting her own this fall. It is trying though with her because she really isn't mechanically inclined and is wanting me to let her use my shop and teach her all the way through the build. I an not sure there is enough beer in Dayton for me to get through it let alone share my man cave all fall.

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
I have found the old Murray frames weak and brake at neck and seat post. Would suggest rewelding them before a motor goes in.