Another 1st timer with a Roller

GoldenMotor.com

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
This is hilarious. Probably 12 miles on this now and it wasn't running well at all. So I tear into it. Piston is scored, cylinder is scored, gaskets are leaking. It's toast already. What a waste.:-||

For what it will cost to fix, I'm not bothering. Anyone need a bottom end cheap? PM me.

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
My new engine and trans.

51.7cc, 3:1 ratio before the rear sprocket, real bolts :), a light crank, 12mm wrist pin, reed valve, and an aftermarket through the roof. Should be fun.

I was worried when I saw "Big Bore" kits on ebay advertising a 44mm bore. Googling showed me these are usually 40mm stock, but I just happened to get a bigger one that was already 44mm bore so it should be fine. Compression needs some work. It's 8.8:1 right now, but that can be fixed later.

Got 2 drive sprockets to fit the output on the trans ordered(so I can keep my 41 chain size). An 8t and a 10t. What'll be really cool is I can change total ratio without ever messing with the rear sprocket. Set it and forget it.

CDizzle

Oct 1, 2011
Dayton, OH
apparently someone didn't read the manual where it says for a break in period of 50+miles you should not exceed 15-20mph or run the engine for more than 30min at a time.

Running full bore within the first 4 miles i'm amazed it lasted a full 12.

Good luck with your 4-stroke setup! You'll find them a lot more resilient when it comes to dealing with abuse.

Also, i hope your angels are drinking redbull bro. 55 on a bike is a serious risk. I wish you the best of luck with that, and hope you have good medical coverage.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
SM, it doesn't seem to me like the goals are suitable to this sort of machinery.
..and if you are jousting with 'coal trucks' all the while, I would certainly give much thought to other options...

MO...
Good luck!
I think u might need plenty of it!!!
rc

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
dang im afraid to do 55 in my Lincoln Town Car... you cant be serious about that... but can I insure you with a life insurance please??? Please PM details so I can get policy in force :)