Hello from AZ

GoldenMotor.com

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
I finally decided to register and join in the fun. I have used the forum for information now about 6 months. I found this forum after I decided to motorize a chopper style bicycle as a "bet you can't" challenge. When I got the bike I had no idea what was involved and that my used bicycle was a poor choice for a first build! I learned quickly that "cheapie" bikes can look good but suffer from poor quality. It has been frustrating and fun to learn as I go. This forum has helped me get the right parts and given me some helpful tips. I had planned to use the original wheels when I first started but upon inspection to re-grease and clean they literally fell apart! Bent axles and minature bearings told me I needed a better set-up! I also found out that a 3"
wide rear tire wont work with the standard mounting method. Had to break out the welder and fab a custom welded in mount to get the offset needed.
Needless to say this is turning into a real project! I'll post some pics soon.
Thanks to all.

ezheimers

Jan 2, 2011
Left Coast
Keep us posted with pictures on this exciting project.
I've often looked at these bikes and wondered about putting some China power on one?

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
I hope to complete my build in time for the Death Race in April. Time and money are in short supply currently. It would be great to meet some fellow MB
enthusiasts.